The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,
Happy New Year! Your latest image is simply beautiful. I love the peaceful ambience and muted colors. Best wishes, Leica 77.
Thanks Leica, this has been a fun year over in the bokeh thread - much of which is due to your enthusiasm. I think the blends thread is closely related, so I find myself moving from one to the other.

I've learned so much, and there is so much more to look forward to.

Thanks Uwe for your kind comments, and your software works like a dream!

I wish everyone a very happy new year :salute:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Doesn't look like it, but there is a lot of blending going on in here :toocool:

"Flatford Cottages"

G1 with kit zoom

Keith

Diane B

Such creativity in this forum -- here and the bokeh thread! While we can get very sophisticated these days with software, I thought I'd share a crude "blend" that I created in 1974 -- 35 years ago! The technique was pretty simple: combine two slides in the same mount. :)

John, that's an interesting image--even beyond that its 35 yrs. old :thumbs:.

Diane B

I have to say that I just love this thread. Its inspiring--even more than the 'bokeh' thread for me. I've long really enjoyed Mark Tucker's photography and he uses blends creatively all the time--along with creative uses of various lenses. I've fiddled around with blends but never really followed through. I have lots to work with--and just have to get myself in gear to do it. Since its going to be VERY cold (for us LOL) for the next 14 days--what better time to work with new creative ideas.

I was a long time textile artist--and loved layering techniques--it was my own 'style'--'painted' or ikat warps (what goes on the loom for the base), very intricate weave patterns, then I would often remove some color (using my own stamps, stencils or freehand), then---add pattern (all of the post weaving work is called 'surface design') and color with other stamps, stencils or freehand. Everything was one of a kind--open to all kinds of creative experiments. This type of thing is very reminiscent of that kind of work for me.

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

Well time to give it a try, like to join in when creativity is exploding :eek:

It has a high content of stick of rock. But why not it is a new year :angel:
This was a shot with a 500 mm Tokina mirror lens - ridiculous of course - out of my lazy chair watching the evergreen Sissi with Romy Schneider, a typical newyears day movie. Just wanted to test the right breech lock Canon FD adapter and it works! Thanks to Pellicle!

Blend with a bokehpicture - recognize? And then I used a glassfilter in PS.

Michiel

- Romy Schneider -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Well time to give it a try, like to join in when creativity is exploding :eek:

It has a high content of stick of rock. But why not it is a new year :angel:
This was a shot with a 500 mm Tokina mirror lens - ridiculous of course - out of my lazy chair watching the evergreen Sissi with Romy Schneider, a typical newyears day movie. Just wanted to test the right breech lock Canon FD adapter and it works! Thanks to Pellicle!

Blend with a bokehpicture - recognize? And then I used a glassfilter in PS.

Michiel

- Romy Schneider -

Glad to see that you are bringing your wonderful sense of color over to blends, Michael. Bokehgraphs often make good blends with textures. That's why I'm starting to take a sharp and an OOF shot of the same scene (works well for landscapes)

Diane, we all knew your stuff would be good. With a spell of cold weather we should see some more

Very nice Uwe

Keith

Diane B

3 images blended together to make a panoramic. Then stretched to fill frame.
Texture added and softened.

Mike

Mike, I have to say your galleries are just beautiful. My favorites may be the Prague and Vineyard galleries but I find them all wonderful--and I'll revisit them many times.

Diane