The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

m3photo

I've just posted and image blended from two on the "Bokeh" thread in reply to Keith's (aka woodmancy) comment and realized it doesn't belong there. Perhaps some of you might like to try a different course and offer your "blends" on this thread following in the masterful footsteps of Mike Reignier.

JBurnett

I've just posted and image blended from two on the "Bokeh" thread in reply to Keith's (aka woodmancy) comment and realized it doesn't belong there. Perhaps some of you might like to try a different course and offer your "blends" on this thread following in the masterful footsteps of Mike Reignier.
Wow. Very Cool. I'd sort of left the bokeh thread alone lately, but I see I've been missing some very innovative experiments and some wonderful images.

V

Vivek

Michael, I can't see any images you post (none are visible).

m3photo

Re: Visibility

Michael, I can't see any images you post (none are visible).
Hmm, I'm sorry about this as you're opinions would mean a lot to me. Have you not seen any I've posted - as you've commented this several times about images I've put up?
My images are all here in the corresponding gallery so they come up full size to save others having to click on them.
It seems others do see them so I'd suggest asking Guy or Jack to test your means of seeing images or whatever is necessary, that's all I can suggest.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michael:
If you start with an OOF image and blend it, it can go into the bokehgraphy section - I think you are going to have to double post some of yours, we don't want to miss them :cry:.

Since I got my lensbaby I'm realizing that there have been very few threads that focus (that word again :deadhorse:) on using these various techniques for moving toward abstraction, but starting off with a genuine photographic image. I've been amazed at the creativity expressed in the images in the bokeh thread.
I think that many of us photographers have this lurking desire within us to go abstract. I remember when I was a kid getting my first camera and marveling at those circular highlights when shooting the sea, into the sun.

Keith

m3photo

Re: OOF

If you start with an OOF image and blend it, it can go into the bokehgraphy section - I think you are going to have to double post some of yours, we don't want to miss them.
Thank you Keith. The thing is, I don't have many OOF images really. Slow shutter speed yes but not really out-of-focus. I'll have to get out and find some somewhere!
Meanwhile ...

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: For Keith

I just knew you were a "sleeper" :lecture:

Lovely image - is there any OOF stuff in there? If so, you have to double post :deadhorse:

But I have a few things up my sleeve :talk028:

Keith

m3photo

Re: Double Post

I just knew you were a "sleeper"
Lovely image - is there any OOF stuff in there? If so, you have to double post
But I have a few things up my sleeve
Thanks again Keith.
Will do.
Roll 'em up and let's have a look.

m3photo

Santiago Rain

Traditionally, the cathedral city of Santiago de Compostela is well known for its rain. It was raining (again) there this afternoon, but I live a hundred miles away so I could only imagine how big the raindrops were ... :p

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I would be happy to put this one on the bokeh thread, but truth is, there is nothing out of focus in it. Michael's thread seems more appropriate.
This is called "Suffolk Oak", a tree that is near and dear to me.
Canon S90

Keith
HTML:

m3photo

Re: "Suffolk Oak"

This is called "Suffolk Oak", a tree that is near and dear to me.
Canon S90
The Suffolk countryside reminds me of where I grew up - not far away in Cambridgeshire, lovely tree this is indeed. My favourite landscape painter is Constable; so everything fits in nicely :)
I like the soft textured blend to the image but to be honest the magenta cast disturbs me somewhat ...

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: "Suffolk Oak"

The Suffolk countryside reminds me of where I grew up - not far away in Cambridgeshire, lovely tree this is indeed. My favourite landscape painter is Constable; so everything fits in nicely :)
I like the soft textured blend to the image but to be honest the magenta cast disturbs me somewhat ...
Michael - this is a good time to see these very, very old, gnarly oaks. Every now and then we see a "blasted oak" - one hit by lightening.
This image was taken at sunset, so a pinky light hit the tree, and that was probably in my mind when I processed it. But, I'm doing a few more.
This is a high point in Suffolk (maybe 300ft), so from this point you can see five churches from different parishes.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
This looks like it is going to be an interesting thread. Here is one from my vineyard series.

Mike