The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

Diane B

One of my favorites from you Uwe.

OT--I've spent time on your site, known your posts on a number of forums for many years---but I'm still not sure how to pronounce your first name. When I think of you, I'd love to think of you with correct pronounciation LOL.

Best, Diane

ustein

Contributing Editor
One of my favorites from you Uwe.

OT--I've spent time on your site, known your posts on a number of forums for many years---but I'm still not sure how to pronounce your first name. When I think of you, I'd love to think of you with correct pronounciation LOL.

Best, Diane
Very hard for Americans. First try to think the "W" would be "V'. More pronounced like the Italian "uve" (plural of uva, grapes). May not help because not sure how Americans pronounce Italian either.

Some pronounce my name like "Hoover", this is way off :D. 50% of my life here in the US I need to explain the pronunciation of my three letter first name. I hardly can pronounce it myself in proper German anymore (Bettina helps me then :deadhorse:).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Milkweed Pods in Winter

That's as maybe but your "Milkweed Pods in Winter" set puts you up among the best at this technique IMO - (there's no "green with envy" Smilie - how about it Guy and Jack?) :toocool:
Find me the gif and I'll load it!

JBurnett

Hmmm. I still say this is harder than it looks. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you cross the line into typical grunge-style stuff. I'm finding the monochromatic images easier to handle.

m3photo

Hmmm. I still say this is harder than it looks. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you cross the line into typical grunge-style stuff. I'm finding the monochromatic images easier to handle.
Yes, I quite agree but this is half the fun; getting lucky.
I much prefer the monochrome version of the two sunflower images, the delicacy says it all.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member

This is beautiful John. You are using some really nice textures as well.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I posted this on the fun with 4/3 thread, but I think it really belongs here. I used Alien Skin Bokeh to get the focus where I wanted it. Lots of blending but no texture added.

"Flaming Busker"

EP-1 with 17mm prime

Keith

JBurnett

Thanks to everyone for their compliments and especially their inspiration. I've got to get off my butt soon and get out shooting some more. :)