The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Mike,

I have no title in mind. Would be interesting what you had in mind.
I don't know, maybe "2012" or like the show I saw on the History channel called "Life after Man" or since it's a russian gas mask , "Chernobyl"
I did this about 15 yrs ago as a statement about what the future would be if we didn't stop polluting.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>"Chernobyl"

That came into my mind. Or maybe "Chernobyl is everywhere".

>I did this about 15 yrs ago as a statement about what the future would be if we didn't stop polluting.

And we did not stop!

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
>"Chernobyl"

That came into my mind. Or maybe "Chernobyl is everywhere".

>I did this about 15 yrs ago as a statement about what the future would be if we didn't stop polluting.

And we did not stop!
Maybe this should be made into a billboard or a protest sign.

Actually my wife just informed me that when I go to bed tonight, I should wear a gas mask because our dog ate something that didn't agree with him and he is farting like crazy! how Ironic.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
Was inspired by your photo. The mustard field is as much industry as the cement plant. Photographed the same day.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Spray Booth"

I like this one Uwe. When I was 15yrs old I used to work the summer holidays in a factory that made tooth brushes. I painted the Mickey Mice and the Donald Ducks on the top of children's brushes using a spray gun in a booth. We did 20 in one shot, and something like a hundred gross a day (forgotten what a gross is :wtf:)

Here is one from my early efforts to do Hockney style joiners digitally. It is called "Chile Hotel, styled after Hockney Polaroid Joiners"

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
"Spray Booth"

I like this one Uwe. When I was 15yrs old I used to work the summer holidays in a factory that made tooth brushes. I painted the Mickey Mice and the Donald Ducks on the top of children's brushes using a spray gun in a booth. We did 20 in one shot, and something like a hundred gross a day (forgotten what a gross is :wtf:)

Here is one from my early efforts to do Hockney style joiners digitally. It is called "Chile Hotel, styled after Hockney Polaroid Joiners"

Keith

Like it. Are the reflections from a real photo or created in blending?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Reflections

Good question. I'm still waiting; it's been over two hours ... ;):D
Sorry Michael, I was having a doze :sleep006:

The original image is of a glass clad building, where the architect designed in this effect. I sliced it into into 300 pixel squares and reassembled it to reinforce the effect. This one is the "alpha" version. I didn't move the squares out of place, the architect did all of that for me. Actually, I think when the folks in the building open their windows it drastically alters the reflections - clever stuff.

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Reflections

Thanks for the explanation Keith. In future do try and make your dozes coincide with my siestas ... :D
You must be 5-6 hours ahead of me, so you are asking me to try to have a doze just after I get out of bed :eek: I can't do that :deadhorse:

Keith

Diane B

Feeling dark today--I wanted to go whole hog or nothing on this one LOL. Still not sure how I feel about it--but its how I felt as I shot it--or at least how I feel today as I think about it. Two versions.

Diane