The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

S

spiderfrank

The electrical storm is amazing, the more I see it, the more I like it !
Very good job

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I agree - the more you look at Mike's blends, the more you see in them. Can you imagine a gigantic print of one of these?

Keith
Thanks Keith and spiderfrank. I've been thinking of printing the Electrical Storm. Just waiting to see how many pieces from my last show sell if any, cause then I might have a full house. In the mean time. I just keep doing more.

cheers
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Drive by photos"
Here is my latest. It's a blend of two images, both shot from the car (I was a passenger) while traveling thru the Czech Countryside.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Drive by photos"
Here is my latest. It's a blend of two images, both shot from the car (I was a passenger) while traveling thru the Czech Countryside.

Mike
Another gob-smacker :thumbs:

The best blends that I have done originate from the windows of moving buses - stuff that I would normally toss out. Why is that? Just another way of getting some blur in the main image?

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Flying Chicken"

Here is my latest. I found this shot taken 15 yrs ago, on film of course, and I thought I would rework this in my current style. The original was shot on a bright orange background. I quite like the way it turned out.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
"Flying Chicken"

Here is my latest. I found this shot taken 15 yrs ago, on film of course, and I thought I would rework this in my current style. The original was shot on a bright orange background. I quite like the way it turned out.

Mike
Really love your style. Especially the dark tones.

Leica 77

"Flying Chicken"

Mike
Hi Mike,
I really love your image of the Flying Chicken. It's nice to incorporate an image from the days when we used film as a primary medium for photography ... :)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
yes, I agree. I have so many years of film that are almost forgotten because of all the new digital shots. It would probably be a good practice to spend part of a day each week, scanning those images.
mike

JBurnett

I've been thinking of printing the Electrical Storm. Just waiting to see how many pieces from my last show sell if any, cause then I might have a full house. In the mean time. I just keep doing more.
So many great images on your site and in your blog. Just when I think I'm impressed, there's another image of yours that I'm more taken with. I like how you're able to see the possibilities with more complex base images, too. With blending, I'm still struggling to work with simple subjects. I guess practice helps, but I think I need some right-brain exercises (or something).

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
So many great images on your site and in your blog. Just when I think I'm impressed, there's another image of yours that I'm more taken with. I like how you're able to see the possibilities with more complex base images, too. With blending, I'm still struggling to work with simple subjects. I guess practice helps, but I think I need some right-brain exercises (or something).

Thank you John, but I must say that you aren't struggling at all. This is an absolutely beautiful image. The lighting, composition,texture and color are all working together perfectly. And, simple is good. Many times when I am looking for a new image to work on, I seem to go for the simple less remarkable shot, like the last landscape that I posted, and then search for ways to make the image special. One of the benefits of this new blog that I have started is that it is forcing me to take a new image on every day. And I need that sort of exercise.
Keep up the good work.
cheers
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you John, but I must say that you aren't struggling at all. This is an absolutely beautiful image. The lighting, composition,texture and color are all working together perfectly. And, simple is good.
Keep up the good work.
cheers
Mike
+1

Lovely image, John

Keith

JBurnett

Thanks, Mike and Keith. My wife was gardening today and I asked her to set aside any interesting stuff left over from last year:

Morning Glory Seed Pods

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
swimming round and round
I shot this at the Monterey Ca. Aquarium. 3 layers of fish and 2 texture layers.
Mike