The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Based on a new texture. Creating and collecting textures is key.
Yes Uwe, you have it there. When I was recently in Rome I was taking as many pictures of wall textures as statures. For good blends it is essential to have a library of appropriate textures.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is called "Dedham Vale"

John Constable painted this landscape in the early 1800's
This is technically a blend, but done the easy way :thumbdown:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Squid Drying In The Harbor”
The usual morning site around the restaurants in the harbor. This shot is from Molyvos, Greece on the island of Lesbos.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
“Squid Drying In The Harbor”
The usual morning site around the restaurants in the harbor. This shot is from Molyvos, Greece on the island of Lesbos.

Mike
This one is very nice, Mike. I like the composition and the way the curly white lines in the framing mimic the reflections in the water.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Sailing Past The Sun”
I know what you are thinking. What a cliche! Yes it is, but we were in Greece and it was a beautiful night and I had a camera. What was I to do?I even have shots of the boat going all the way across the frame and of course one right in the path of the sun reflection.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
>What a cliche!

Not really, the cliche show much warmer rendering. The mood is nice.
Thanks Uwe. I must say that the more I look at this the more I like it. I find myself starring at the sun and getting lost in my thoughts. Guess I'd like to go back there.

mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
The only thing I am not sure of is the large dark negative space.
Uwe, I think the image works. There is lots of stuff going on.

Put the tones, colors and composition together as a whole and it seems to please the eye immediately

I would like to see Mike's variations (boat under the sun)

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Uwe, I think the image works. There is lots of stuff going on.

Put the tones, colors and composition together as a whole and it seems to please the eye immediately

I would like to see Mike's variations (boat under the sun)

Keith
for me, the dark space works because it is the main point of focus on the rocks edge. On my monitor, there is some tone in the darkness, but I want the eye to go to the edge of the rocks and then to the sun whose reflection leads the eye back to the sharp rocks.

Mike

Last edited: