The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
for me, the dark space works because it is the main point of focus on the rocks edge. On my monitor, there is some tone in the darkness, but I want the eye to go to the edge of the rocks and then to the sun whose reflection leads the eye back to the sharp rocks.

Mike
Also think it will work as a print? That is my concern here.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Storm Moving Thru The Plains"
We've had some major storms in the last couple of days. So here is an image I can relate to.
Mike

C

chase.salva

Same photo (G1 + 7-14mm, taken 12/26/2009) and same texture. Different blends.

The above mentioned picture is my favourite in both. My questions is which camera did you used to click these lovely pictures? Your way of taking the pictures shows that you are professional photographer. How did you change the blends? I am amateur and dont know much about using the camers.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Turner

Quite. Turner, Constable, Hogarth - it's definitely that sort of influence for Mike isn't it?
thanks Keith and Michael. I do love Turner's landscapes. I saw a DVD (simon schama's power of art) and Turner was one of the artists that he covered. I have been trying to get that sort of feeling in my landscapes ever since.

cheers
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Moon Peeking Thru The Storm Clouds”
More storms again tonight. When the rain stopped, I went out on the deck and found more amazing clouds. So here is tonights entry.

cheers
Mike