The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Great shot Uwe. I recognize that location. You managed to capture more fish than I did, which makes it more effective.

mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I recognize that location.

Not sure. They have different swarms. This is massive one in the shark tank and you hardly can get fewer fish. Of course the fish have lots of motion (actually nice) blur and we needed at least ISO 1250 (5D2) and Canon 100mm f/2.8 IS Macro.

Even more fish :)

Last edited:

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"A Ride In The Countryside" EP-1 40mm f 1.4 CV lens
I shot this photo out the car window on the way to Andrea’s family cottage in the Czech countryside. It’s a beautiful countryside and people are always flying hot air ballon’s and old bi- planes.
And another image from yesterday that I uploaded to the Bokeh thread, but maybe it belongs here.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Wilted Sunflowers"

This shot was taken on the same road trip as the last image. Shot out the car window somewhere in the Czech countryside.
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"View From The Pool" EP-1 for textures iPhone for main image.

Mike
I looked at this one first on your blog, which on my MacBook Pro 17in screen shows as a 2in x 2in image. On this forum the image shows 3 times bigger than that and looks so much better - the detail in the "roots" of the grasses is lovely.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I looked at this one first on your blog, which on my MacBook Pro 17in screen shows as a 2in x 2in image. On this forum the image shows 3 times bigger than that and looks so much better - the detail in the "roots" of the grasses is lovely.

Keith
I've been wondering if I should increase the size of my blog images. At first, I wanted the site to look like a blog site and not a big website like I already have. But I agree, maybe the photos aren't as effective.
I'll check into it.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Two Roads To The Past" EP-1

Andrea and I were taking a hike near the cottage on our way to a fairy tale landscape which is about a mile away. We came to the fork in the road and I did a quick shot and then we kept on going. Now two years later, I’ve discovered it again.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Two Roads To The Past" EP-1

Andrea and I were taking a hike near the cottage on our way to a fairy tale landscape which is about a mile away. We came to the fork in the road and I did a quick shot and then we kept on going. Now two years later, I’ve discovered it again.
Reminds me of Robert Frost's poem:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

...........etc

Except there is no yellow wood - but, that should be easy too fix Mike :grin:

Beautiful image

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Mike,

were the birds in the original shot? Nice touch anyway.

Uwe
I knew someone would ask that question. No, I put them in. Do you think it looks fake? It is hard to find just the right opacity or blur to make it look right. Again, I approach my shots as if I could paint (I wish), the sky looked to empty and I didn't want to add clouds, but the birds seemed to be just the right touch, that is as long as it looks real. So I'm curious about that?

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Hidden Pond" EP-1

Here is another shot from our hike thru the Czech country side. I’ll probably post more in the coming days. This was such a beautiful area and I shot a few hundred photos!

And before you ask Uwe, and I mean it in a joking way, I added the swan, but he was really there. Just down at the other end of the pond. So I took a shot of him there to put in the shot that I wanted. One of those occasions where I couldn't wait around to see if he showed up. I hope it looks real? Now I'm starting to be paranoid!!

Mike