The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
“Birds Over The Czech Countryside”

Flying thru the Czech countryside in our car. I love shooting this way. The foreground trees and bushes are blurred because they are close to the road, but the distant trees remain somewhat sharp.
Mike
Love this one, Mike. There are images there, but you have to work a little to find them. In a sense, the texture is the subject, the images are secondary to the effect.

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
“Birds Over The Czech Countryside”

Flying thru the Czech countryside in our car. I love shooting this way. The foreground trees and bushes are blurred because they are close to the road, but the distant trees remain somewhat sharp.
Mike
Just great!

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Those CA. hills are wonderful.

We are very close to a very beautiful stretch (Hwy 25). Even as there are thousands of trees only a few stand out. Then there is the time of the year and of course the light.

All the trees posted in the last few entries were photographed yesterday on a 180 mile trip through mainly oak hills.

At one point we drove over an hour and met about 4 passing cars (wonderful for the senses, but also many curves :) ). Was quite warm though (83-93F).

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
>Those CA. hills are wonderful.

We are very close to a very beautiful stretch (Hwy 25). Even as there are thousands of trees only a few stand out. Then there is the time of the year and of course the light.

All the trees posted in the last few entries were photographed yesterday on a 180 mile trip through mainly oak hills.

At one point we drove over an hour and met about 4 passing cars (wonderful for the senses, but also many curves :) ). Was quite warm though (83-93F).
Hey Uwe

Same temperature in Toronto for the past few days, and I believe in Europe too :eek::eek::eek:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I'm jealous. I seem to mainly shoot in my backyard. that's why I post so many
old shots from prague or other trips.
But, there is beauty every where, sometimes I guess I just have to look harder.
I haven't been shooting the vineyards in CA. for over a year now. I miss going there.

mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I seem to mainly shoot in my backyard.

Me too, Hwy 25 :). At least it feels like a backyard compared to San Jose.

We also have vineyards here.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Skype Views"
I was talking with Andrea today on Skype with video, (she’s in Prague) and her image started to break up and the pixels were really interesting. I started doing screen captures and this is the resulting image.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Skype Views"
I was talking with Andrea today on Skype with video, (she’s in Prague) and her image started to break up and the pixels were really interesting. I started doing screen captures and this is the resulting image.

Mike

Mike, you probably know now that I am a sucker for these joiners, as Hockney calls them. Wonderful experiment with excellent results. Worth trying a few more.

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
"Skype Views"

Mike
Excellent concept and nice result.

Reminded me about "Paris Street View" by Michael Wolf http://photomichaelwolf.com/paris_street_view/

Why? Because that low res images are so very much capable to tell stories.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Michael, Keith and Uwe. I think I've just found a way to do portraits without all the hassle of travel and equipment.
I took more captures of a friend of mine last night to give it another try.
I have also taken one of the square images and made it a 20x20 image size. It looks pretty cool. So, I think this image could be really large and interesting.

I should also try shooting the skype screen with my ep-1 just to see if the quality might make a difference. Could be the straight capture is easier and just as successful. I'll let you know.

cheers
Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
Mike,

maybe you record the screen as video screen capture and can this way extract any possible frame?