The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Mike,

maybe you record the screen as video screen capture and can this way extract any possible frame?
Good idea, but how do you do that? do you mean to put a video camera on a stand and record the screen or is it internal?
Would the quality be the same (what quality there is)?

MIke

ustein

Contributing Editor
Good idea, but how do you do that? do you mean to put a video camera on a stand and record the screen or is it internal?
Would the quality be the same (what quality there is)?

MIke
There are tools like SnapX and others.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Love "Organic Rocks", Uwe. The shapes are so interesting they might give you a texture layer in another blend (turned vertically I see some Van Gogh cypresses in there)

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Since Mike Regnier joined the forum, first in bokehgraphy, and now mostly in blends, I have admired his work. I thank him for parking himself here as I have learned a lot, as have many others.
I hope the relationship lasts and we can follow wherever his creative paths takes him.
I really liked one of the earlier blends that Mike did, so I asked him to do one of his 2'X2' wood mounted, encaustic wax finished pictures for me.
These things have to be seen to be believed :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Here is a photo of the picture hanging in my condo.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Since Mike Regnier joined the forum, first in bokehgraphy, and now mostly in blends, I have admired his work. I thank him for parking himself here as I have learned a lot, as have many others.
I hope the relationship lasts and we can follow wherever his creative paths takes him.
I really liked one of the earlier blends that Mike did, so I asked him to do one of his 2'X2' wood mounted, encaustic wax finished pictures for me.
These things have to be seen to be believed :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Here is a photo of the picture hanging in my condo.

Keith

Hi Keith,

It looks great on your wall. Thanks for the kind words and for sharing the picture. I'm glad that I found this forum as well. I have and continue to also learn from others here. It is a great place to share and learn.

And, don't forget to give the waxed piece a gentle buffing once in a while. At least for the first couple of months.
And thanks again for your support.

cheers
Mike

B

Bokeh Diem

Lawren Harris to be exact. I live next door to the McMichael Gallery in Woodbridge! A place to go for inspiration. Also, check out Emily Carr....

It's a good shot. That sky looks very like the ones painted by the Group of Seven in Canada (worth googling ) - lovely abstract clouds

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lawren Harris to be exact. I live next door to the McMichael Gallery in Woodbridge! A place to go for inspiration. Also, check out Emily Carr....
That's a wonderful place to live - you can pop into the gallery at any time, and there is so much to see. We are in Oakville and have to go a bit further.
But those artists were magnificent, and I'm not sure if the rest of the world knows much about them

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Uwe

Really nice landscape - that is a subtle blend, but I think I've got it :toocool:
But I prefer it when you turn up the juice! How about doing a vertical with trees. That rock image has so much potential

Keith

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
Uwe

Really nice landscape - that is a subtle blend, but I think I've got it :toocool:
But I prefer it when you turn up the juice! How about doing a vertical with trees. That rock image has so much potential

Keith
I like subtle most of the time. The blend in the hill is not subtle but in the sky it is way tones down.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like subtle most of the time. The blend in the hill is not subtle but in the sky it is way tones down.
Uwe - the trouble is, you have done it so well in the lower half of the picture - I can't tell the difference the blend makes. Can you post the original image?

Keith