The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
+3 for both Uwe's flower and Mike's lampost & fish -- Excellent shots guys. What's really interesting, is to my eye if flower was cropped square, they'd work very well hung side-by-side. In my office.

:D,

ustein

Contributing Editor
>is to my eye if flower was cropped square

I think it would work very well square. Did not think of it.

m3photo

Re: Square Format

+3 for both Uwe's flower and Mike's lampost & fish -- Excellent shots guys. What's really interesting, is to my eye if flower was cropped square, they'd work very well hung side-by-side. In my office.

:D,
+4

Ah Hasselblad days. It seems square became too square. Let's bring it back into fashion shall we?

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks everyone. I've been super busy for a couple of days and haven't had a chance to check out the site.
Uwe, I think that is one of my favorites that you have done. Very beautiful.
And I got a chuckle out of your comment about not asking where my fish came from. I was standing on a dock on the Island of Lesbos in Greece.

cheers
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Reflections Along The River
This is a multilayered image of tree reflections. This is part of a new series that I am working on. Shot with EP-1 and Voightlander 40mm 1.4

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Four Geese Landing version 2
After living with this image for a day, I 've made some changes.

Mike

Last edited:

m3photo

Re: Contrast

Four Geese Landing version 2
After living with this image for a day, I 've made some changes.
Yep.
It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw version 1 - "The geese need more contrast".

Sorry Keith, I can't agree with you on this one. :)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I understand what you like about the delicate tones Keith, but I was afraid of the whole image being too milky when it is printed. I might change my mind when I print it. I was going for a delicate interpretation, but it seemed like it needed a good black to anchor the image.
When I uploaded the first one and then went away for an hour or so, I came back and like Michael I thought it needed some pop.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
This is from our series Beach Pattern. We like the minimalistic content. We like walking a quiet beach (the ocean is very noisy but is not felt that way) .

All these photo are taken with a 100mm Macro lens (either FF or 1.6x crop).

ustein

Contributing Editor
We photographed this oak tree many times and finally we got something we like

Last edited: