The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Country Road With Stand Of Trees”
I was near the end of a long road trip and I saw this dirt road off the main highway. It was a good place for a pit stop as well as an interesting photo. I think I was in Nebraska.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Early Morning Drive”
Here is another image from my trip out west. I believe this one is from South Dakota. I had been driving most of the night trying to get back home and when the morning came, there was this beautiful foggy light. I couldn’t really stop every time I saw a great shot, so I put on a wide angle lens and started shooting thru the front windshield.
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“My Neighbors Ginko Tree” EP-2 with tilt adapter and 28 mm Pentax lens

I have had my eye on this tree waiting for the leaves to start falling and a dramatic dark sky, and today was the day. I think I will continue to shoot this tree as the leaves fall, if I can manage to keep my neighbor from mowing his yard.
Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor

I have had my eye on this tree waiting for the leaves to start falling and a dramatic dark sky, and today was the day. I think I will continue to shoot this tree as the leaves fall, if I can manage to keep my neighbor from mowing his yard.
Mike
Great dreamy tree.

m3photo

Re: “My Neighbors Ginko Tree”

I have had my eye on this tree waiting for the leaves to start falling and a dramatic dark sky, and today was the day.
I like this image but rather miss the dark dramatic sky (sic) - black and yellow go so well together ...

Glad you liked the moving train image. As there wasn't much of reflection in the window I made my own by blending a far away shot from a closer blurred tree one as per your idea.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Mike
Lovely use of the tilt adapter, Mike - pushing the eye down to the base of the tree and the leaves. Again, a very painterly look from a master blender. The very consistent quality and look of your images are incredible.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Uwe,Keith and Michael. And if I remember right, I ended up losing the dramatic sky because there was a huge tree behind this Ginko and I didn't like the way it looked. I guess I could of put my own dark sky in. I sure do like the tilt adapter.