The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

JBurnett

Here is a reworking of a shot from a couple of years ago. Made this into a panoramic 30"x76" with encaustic wax applied. I sold this to a corporate client to hang in the lobby. The original was a square. What would I do without photoshop!
Beautiful.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Meteor Crater, Winslow Arizona" EP-1
This was a difficult shot. It took two shots blended together to capture the crater.

Between 20,000 and 50,000 years ago, a nickel-iron asteroid weighing hundreds of thousands of tons and possibly 150 feet in diameter crashed here at a speed of about 40,000 miles per hour creating Meteor Crater. This is the best preserved impact crater in the world and the first crater which scientists agreed was caused by an extra-terrestrial impact.The impact which had an explosive force of perhaps 20 megatons of TNT created a crater 4,000 feet wide and 700 feet deep. The crater is 550 feet deep today. The force of the explosion uplifted sections of bedrock as much as 150 feet and tossed huge limestone boulders out of the crater and around the rim.

kweide

stellar play
Thanx Chris, your wish is always my command ...

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25 f1.4, no NR
ISO200 @ f1.4, 1/250 second, 25 mm focal length​

kweide

arranging my stars
it was so much fun. Just illuminated by the stars

Olympus E-5, Summilux 25 mm f1.4, noNR

JGH

KLaus those two pics are awesome. They made me smile because they are perfect. Just like some sort of fairy tale. :)
I was looking at the catch lights in the eyes on "arranging my stars", cant work out if you used multiple reflectors or you added the catch lights to match the stars... Excellent work, simply excellent.:thumbs::thumbs:

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Reflections Of Driving Through The Countryside”

This was one of the few times that I got to be the passenger and I started to notice the trees flying by the as we headed down the highway. Since I was coming home from the hospital after knee surgery, I didn’t have my camera with me, but I did have the iPhone. This is a combination of 3 different shots I took that day out the window. This is one of those shots that I have been working on for awhile, and now I’m not sure if I like it or not. Would be interesting to get your opinions.

Mike

kweide

bubble universe
It was a toy children play with ( bubblesword) which gave us the idea catching and playing with bubbles as symbol for your own dreams. Build and burst them.

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25mm f1.4, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.4, 1/125 second, 25 mm focal length​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
“Reflections Of Driving Through The Countryside”

This was one of the few times that I got to be the passenger and I started to notice the trees flying by the as we headed down the highway. Since I was coming home from the hospital after knee surgery, I didn’t have my camera with me, but I did have the iPhone. This is a combination of 3 different shots I took that day out the window. This is one of those shots that I have been working on for awhile, and now I’m not sure if I like it or not. Would be interesting to get your opinions.

Mike
I like it a lot - colors, texture and the rush of movement. Up to the usual standards

Keith

kweide

Mike, it is lovely. Like an illustration of an old fairy tale....... a bit of mystical atmosphere....i like that much.

Regards
Klaus

kweide

let them in ...
They are friendly companions

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25 mm f1.4, noNR