The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
There is lots of detail and life in the dark area in the print. This is one of those images that you have to judge as a print. On one of my Apple monitors, it seems dark on the Cintique monitor it looks good. They are both calibrated, so making a print was the only way to know. Anyway, I'm happy with it.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Abstract Reflections

This is an idea I am working on for large wall murals. I pixelated it on purpose and changed the layer mode to Darken to make it more abstract. I'm not sure I have this right yet, but I do like the abstract quality. I need to work more with this idea.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Abstract Reflections

This is an idea I am working on for large wall murals. I pixelated it on purpose and changed the layer mode to Darken to make it more abstract. I'm not sure I have this right yet, but I do like the abstract quality. I need to work more with this idea.

Mike
I like it Mike - it will be interesting to see where you take this technique

Keith

kweide

mystic forrest
shot at 04.40 in the morning

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50-200SWD, no NR
ISO400 @ f3.5 1/200 second, 200 mm focal length​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
mystic forrest
shot at 04.40 in the morning

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50-200SWD, no NR
ISO400 @ f3.5 1/200 second, 200 mm focal length​
This one is very nice, Klaus. Are you having trouble sleeping? :D

Love to see some more landscape blends

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful shot Klaus. Did you notice we both have a cross shaped light in our image. Mine is subtle, in fact I didn't notice it at first and took it out later.
Love to see more!

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Pixelated Reflection #2
Here is another pixelated reflection that I am working on. I want to do a series of these, but I haven’t decided yet whether I want to do them in full color or monochromatic.

Mike

m3photo

Re: Full Colour

I want to do a series of these, but I haven’t decided yet whether I want to do them in full color or monochromatic.
I prefer these more in full colour. The water does the mixing.

G1+105mm f/2.5 Nikkor 1/250@f/8 ISO200

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
close up view of pixelated reflection.
Thought this would help to see what I am after. you don't really notice the pixels at the full image post. I'm keeping the pixel effect subtle, but I like the abstraction it brings.
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
How big are you going to print these, Mike? This image gives the effect of an artist working with a broad nibbed pen.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
the test print I did was 36x36.It looked really nice, but I was thinking of wall size like the murals I did for the federal building. So, maybe 8ftx8ft with several together.
That of course would be for a commercial job or some corporate art possibly. For my use, the 36x36 inch prints are great.

mike

m3photo

Re: Close Up

close up view of pixelated reflection.
Thought this would help to see what I am after. you don't really notice the pixels at the full image post.
Thanks for the compliment, Mike.

I see what you're after now. I am following a similar path on another series and getting viewers to appreciate the image from a distance and then a different experience when they stand closer.

Michiel Schierbeek

Mike, I like the coloured version better.
I can see the monumental trees can work really well in an architectural setting.
Big pixels refer to building as well.
I am curious to see the whole series and the way it will be placed.

Michiel

PS Thanks for your bokeh comment.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks for your imput Michael and Michiel. I'm liking the color versions as well. Now if I can just get a client interested. I'm going to mock up a sample with an architectural rendering to see how it might look. If I'm successful in doing that, I'll post it to see what you think.

cheers
Mike

kweide

Galactic warp
One from my "Stars" Series. Yes it is blended, 3 layers. And Yes hotshoe flash was used, bounced into one reflector.

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko Makro 50 f2, noNr
ISO400 @ f5.6, 1/20 second, 50 mm focal length​