The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Keith. I don't really know the family, but the boy up front runs the place now. This is the 3rd piece that I have done for them. They have been a good client.
Mike
That is really funny - I didn't realize that was the family that owns the restaurant. When you are next having a beer there, ask him what the key was for and why he has his flies undone :deadhorse:

Keith

PS - I've sent you a PM

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Against The Wind EP-2 tilt adapter with Pentax 35mm lens.

In the original shot, the two birds were out of focus because of the tilt adapter, which is what made me choose this shot. I then processed it in Silver EFX Pro 2 and got these weird little marks going up and down on the file. There were 3 rows of them. I took 2 out and flipped the other one because I thought they looked like birds in the distant and they sort of mimicked the shape of the blowing grass.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Against The Wind EP-2 tilt adapter with Pentax 35mm lens.

In the original shot, the two birds were out of focus because of the tilt adapter, which is what made me choose this shot. I then processed it in Silver EFX Pro 2 and got these weird little marks going up and down on the file. There were 3 rows of them. I took 2 out and flipped the other one because I thought they looked like birds in the distant and they sort of mimicked the shape of the blowing grass.

Mike
Sounds like there was a full moon and all the mojos were working in synch, Mike :D

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Last Harvest”

It was a great day for photography today, fog and light rain and on the cool side. I only had time for a quick stroll around the backyard though. I guess the garden is about finished.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Trees Reflecting On A Golden Pond”
Here is a shot from a little trip around the park with Max. I used a tilt shift adapter with my 28mm pentax lens on the Olympus EP-2. Of course I added some “mojo” to it.

Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Mike,

I am glad you got time to make and post some of your work, besides parenthood!

A real Regnier again :thumbs:

(The tomatoes do look abandoned :cry:)

Michiel

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Michiel. I'm trying to get back on track. Max and I have gone out shooting a couple of times now. I just need to find time to work on the images.

cheers
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Just Before Winter

Thought I would try a B&W shot for a change.
EP-2 with tilt adapter.

Mike

Last edited:

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Winter Blur #1

This is part of a new series that I will be working on this winter of B&W shots of winter trees. Shot with a tilt adapter and my EP-2, this image will be printed at 40″x40″. The size makes a difference with the abstraction and the grain.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just Before Winter

Thought I would try a B&W shot for a change.
EP-2 with tilt adapter.

Mike
Very nice, Mike. Next step has to be film. Try Arista 400 in Diafine and you will need less mojo :D. I'm hooked.
I like the big trees - are you going to try some with overlays of separate images to create the trees?

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Keith. I did use SilverEfex 2 to convert to the B&W and choose a pretty grainy film look, I think it was Tri-x.
I have tried overlaying other images, but so far I haven't been successful. But I am going to keep at it. Just need the right images.