The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

Terry

Thanks Mike,

I made it from multiple images, moving the camera to always try to keep it square to the subject. Then I layered them and adjusted the transparencies. With a subject this small you can minimize the perspective distortion issues.

Keith
I've tried this with a couple of pictures. It is hard. I always get excited when I see iPhone programs trying in some ways to replicate the effect. You've inspired me to give it another go.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I really like the second version Keith. The movement and misalignment really works. I hope you do more of these!

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
This is a mixed shot, the original slide was shot in 1979 in Corsica, with a Nikon FE.
I copied the slide with my OM-D, through the matte glass of the slide frame, and with a rough white paper behind it as a diffuser.

This came out :

I'll be doing more over the next few days ...

C U,
Rafael
Really nice Rafael. It reminds me of things I used to do in my darkroom days.
Look forward to seeing more.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is an image my wife and I are working on for a corporate client. She is the designer on the project. This is an image made up of multiple street shots and was done just for approval. Now we will do the actual image for the wall which will be 10 feet x 60 feet. Glad I don't have to print it this time.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've tried this with a couple of pictures. It is hard. I always get excited when I see iPhone programs trying in some ways to replicate the effect. You've inspired me to give it another go.
Terry

I found it easier with a small subject. You have to be patient in photoshop, moving them around in order, and adjusting transparencies. And, as you can see, I maintain the horizontal format (I don't rotate the images). Good luck!

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Wonderful - how many images in there, Mike?

Keith
I think there are around 5 city shots and then a few textures, not counting the graphics of the timeline etc. I am also going to intentionally pixelate the image.
In the end, it will be printed on glass.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is one I did last night. It started with an iphone shot of a ballon reflecting sky and leaves. The when I came inside, I noticed my tv had frozen on an image of this woman and was pixelated in a really nice way, so I shot that and combined the two with some texture as well. I know, it's kind of creepy.

Mike

kweide

The crystal ball
and what we can see, a deep view...

Olympus E-M5, Summilux 25, noNR
ISO320 @ f1.4, 1/100 second, 25 mm focal length​

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here are two more images from my "Walking With Max" series. I know, where is Max? He is usually behind me walking the other way! But, he is the reason that I'm out walking in the park every day.

Mike

kweide

Evil
Where is your guardian angel in case of emergency ?

Olympus E-M5, Summilux 25, noNR
Iso1600 @f 1.8, 1/40 second, 25 mm focal length​

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Went out shooting with a friend today, and didn't have to drive. So, I did lots of shooting thru the car windows in and out of focus. This is a blend of a couple of images and the clouds came from reflections in a pond which I shot as well today.

Mike