The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with American made lenses

kai.e.g.

Here's another from the Elgeet f1.2/12mm. I like what it does - sometimes. I have since acquired a Cosmicar f1.4/12.5mm, and it is so much better than the Elgeet that it's not funny - quite a bit sharper and less prone to blooming flare off bright objects. I've seen the same Elgeet lens floating around eBay with a Buy-It-Now price of $799.99. That's totally insane - its not worth anything like that - and never was, whether mounted on a m4/3rds camera or a Bolex. Mine "only" cost $150, and even that's a bit rich, really. Still, it's possible to have fun with it from time to time.

hakkalo

Here's another from the Elgeet f1.2/12mm. I like what it does - sometimes. I have since acquired a Cosmicar f1.4/12.5mm, and it is so much better than the Elgeet that it's not funny - quite a bit sharper and less prone to blooming flare off bright objects. I've seen the same Elgeet lens floating around eBay with a Buy-It-Now price of $799.99. That's totally insane - its not worth anything like that - and never was, whether mounted on a m4/3rds camera or a Bolex. Mine "only" cost $150, and even that's a bit rich, really. Still, it's possible to have fun with it from time to time.

Very nice shot looks as if taken by Leica rangefinder camera:thumbs:

kai.e.g.

Ha- I think the people in Solms would have a thing or two to say about the edge sharpness! However, there is a certain "look" to this lens that I think will grow on me - it may well be my most "interesting" lens so far.

kai.e.g.

On a different note, here are four shot with a Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f/2, all wide open (the last one through a car window)

hakkalo

Bell & Howell Co. Chicago U.S.A. 0.7 Inch F2.5 Super Comat (Originally British TT&H Designed)