The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I could sure use the projected 14/2.8 lens.

jsnack

I wish the projected Panasonic 14/2.8 lens was available now. I could sure use it for an upcoming trip.

V

Vivek

May be we will see a G2, E-P2, Fuji-1 before any lenses.

[FWIW, I use a 17/2.8 + a Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X). I am satisfied with this combo.

I am going to try the 0.75x (and a Schneider 0.65X) when I receive my 20/1.7.]

D

ddk

The 14-45mm kit lens is f/3.5 at 14mm, is a prime 14/2.8 really worth it?
depends on the quality, I must admit to not liking any of the m4/3 zoom lenses that I own, specially the 14-140 which after reading so many positive reviews turned out to be a dud :thumbdown:. I'm a bit disappointed really, I was hoping to get away with a 2 zoom kit and use the GH1 as a family and travel snapper, but it seems like I'm stuck with primes and adaptors for now, I'm looking forward to few quality m4/3 primes...

D

drxcm

depends on the quality, I must admit to not liking any of the m4/3 zoom lenses that I own, specially the 14-140 which after reading so many positive reviews turned out to be a dud :thumbdown:. I'm a bit disappointed really, I was hoping to get away with a 2 zoom kit and use the GH1 as a family and travel snapper, but it seems like I'm stuck with primes and adaptors for now, I'm looking forward to few quality m4/3 primes...
I agree about the 14-140 - it takes a lot of work to get this lens really working for me. I'm still not overly impressed with its results for stills, and its not particularly flare resistant either. It does yield some nice bokeh at the tele end though.

arashm

Please add me to the list of people itching to get this lens...
Once I have this, i can almost return to my most favorite camera set up.
Contax G2 with the 28 and 45... I have the GF1 + 20ƒ1.7 already
sigh.... waiting : )
am

monza

I'm a big fan of primes but the 14/2.8 will have to be pretty inexpensive otherwise I'll just use the 14-45. :) I'm with you on the Contax G2, that's my film camera of choice...I find I shoot it as often as my G1.

L

Linh

I'm really curious as to where Panasonic will price this. I would prefer a 12/2, and will wait out for one. But for some reason, that seems like a pipe dream. My priority is a ~45/2, but with the macro, I'm guessing it's another pipe dream.

Diane B

Absolutely. The m4/3s size is the only advantage for me over a dslr. The Gf1 with the zoom attached is approaching dslr size.
I shot with the 14-45 on the GF1 a good bit this past week. Its NO where near the size of any of my DLSRs (5D, 400D)--in fact its still light enough for 'around the neck' (with the Optech Classic) and I'm a NEVER around the neck person. I had my G1 also, but found I carried the GF1, 14-45, 20 f/1.7 and a 50 f/1.8 --or maybe ONE of those on the cam most of the time. BUT--glad I brought the G1 as there were a few times it was the better choice.

Diane