The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For those of you who have the Panny 14-140 lens

jdbfreeheel

I just received my copy from Robert (Monza) at Precision Camera. I love the lens and plan to use it with my EP-1 while I wait for the next version of either the EP-2 or GF-2 to be released(with great video, I hope).

I do have a quick question though:
Q: When you zoom in and out, does your copy of the lens make very slight 'clicking' noises as the barrel moves in and out? I wonder if it's the aperture blades or something internally. My worry is that if this isn't normal the sound will be loud when recording video (which this lens is made for).

Anyone?

slau

I could not detect the 'clicking' noise when I zoomed the lens from one extreme focal length to another extreme.

I have been doing quite a bit video with this lens and I cannot recall hearing the 'clicking' noise. I used it with my GH1. But, I don't usually zoom in-and-out when I shoot video.

Last edited:

jdbfreeheel

Hmmm, it's very tiny. I think I'm being picky. There's no "feeling" of clicking, just a super faint sound, especially as you approach the ends (say 100-140 and maybe back at 18-14) when you turn the lens in and out. Thanks Stephen for the quick reply.

Terry

Also, I think mine was a bit stiffer when I first started using it. See what happens in the next couple of days.

MRfanny

yeah it is stiff new. someone suggested that you sit with the lens and play with it, zooming in and out, while watching tv..lol breaking it in. sounds logical though.