The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Japanese made lenses

Tullio

Those are very nice pictures. I haven't had much luck with 135mm lenses. I think it's time to give the Canon FD a shot!

A couple taken with the Vivitar 55mm macro. An excellent lens but heavy and bulky.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Those are very nice pictures. I haven't had much luck with 135mm lenses. I think it's time to give the Canon FD a shot!

A couple taken with the Vivitar 55mm macro. An excellent lens but heavy and bulky.

Thanks Tullio. I like this one. Gives nice info on the rendering of the lenss.
Is that the 55/2.8 in FD mount? Have that one too but I am waiting for spring with better opportunitys for this lens.

Cheers, Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

-Yellofit- these are very beautiful! This is the only lens I still have from around 1972 when I bought it new. Very expensive for me at the time. Still is a great lens.

-Hakkalo- Don't know much about cine lenses and certainly never heard of this one, but the pictures are very charming and don't have that "restless bokeh" you see in many of those lenses OTOH, which can be fun too.

Here are some 200 mm tele photographs from today exept the last one which a 300mm shot. This in the context of the - in search for a 300 mm - thread. All are shot in the Amsterdam harbour.

Cheers, Michiel

G1 + Konica Hexanon 200/3.5

G1 + Konica Hexanon 200/3.5

G1+ Canon FD Macro 200/4

G1+ Canon FD Macro 200/4

Olympus E3 + OM 300/4.5

yellofit

hakkalo - You should bring them all out and start shooting, i am pretty certain you will be very pleased with the results.

Michiel Schierbeek - Nice tele pics you have there, just want to check whether camera shake and focusing is an issue handheld at those ranges. The old Nikkors are the same age as me. Bought them off fairly good condition at around US$130, i would think these were very expensive prime lenses in the 70s.

hakkalo

hakkalo - You should bring them all out and start shooting, i am pretty certain you will be very pleased with the results.

Michiel Schierbeek - Nice tele pics you have there, just want to check whether camera shake and focusing is an issue handheld at those ranges. The old Nikkors are the same age as me. Bought them off fairly good condition at around US$130, i would think these were very expensive prime lenses in the 70s.
The Walz is a 8mm D mount Cine needs to be modified in order to achieve infinity:shocked:

This shot is taken with Mamiya Sekor 80mm F 2.8 lens of Mamiyaflex TLR.

Tullio

Tullio, I hope this legacy lens complys with your standard as beiing able to create acceptable images. :D
Look forward to your experiences.

Michiel
Very funny! It will be tough, though since f2.8 does not produce very shallow DoF. But, it was cheap ($26) and if I'm not happy with it, it will go right back on eBay.

Michiel Schierbeek

Have been passing by these tile formations in the portals in my neighbourhood and other neighbourhoods of the beginning of the 20th century all my life without paying much attention to it. Forgot how beautiful they are and how they provide a nice subject for (abstract) photography.
I start to love the Canon FD 50/1.4 more and more and I prefer it above the OM 50/1.4 and I thought it is even a tad sharper as the Konica Hexanon 50/1.7 but I am not sure when I look at those posted here.
BTW no trypods used.

Michiel

G1 + Canon FD 50/1.4

G1 + Canon FD 50/1.4

G1 + Konica Hexanon 50/1.7

G1 + Konica Hexanon 50/1.7​