The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems with Nikon, M42 and Cameflex adapters on G1

I bought these adapters from China via ebay and they do not work well.

- The Nikon adapter focuses at Infinity when the lens distance scale shows 1.5 meters, making zone focusing and close focus impossible

- The M42 adapter has an incomatible thread, you have to force-screw the lens in and it will not screw in completely. I fear I might damage the lenses.

Could you tell me which suppliers you know to have correctly working Nikkor and M42 adapters. BTW the Nikon adapter need not work for Nikkor G lenses, just classical Nikkors with focus and aperture scale on the lens.

Finally, I am looking for a Cameflex adapter. I have one by Wolfgang Rabe that came with his 25mm/2 Kinoptik, but it does not fit other Cameflex-mount lenses I bought in the meantime:

View attachment 24487

similar problem as with the Nikkor, incorrect infinity registration. He must have modified the lens to work with his adapter. I now need 2-3 more Cameflex adapters working correctly with standard Cameflex mount lenses (Kinoptik, Angenieux). Anybody knows a supplier?

Thanks in advance
Peter

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
I have a Voigtlander Nikon to m4/3rds adapter, which performs flawlessly with a range (28mm to 180mm) of Nikon-mount AI-S and AI-P lenses from Nikon, Zeiss, and Cosina-Voigtlander.

D

duckrider

- The M42 adapter has an incomatible thread, you have to force-screw the lens in and it will not screw in completely. I fear I might damage the lenses.
Hi Peter, are You sure it is a M42 and not a T-mount adapter?
T-mount has an other thread pitch than M42!

kind regards
Thomas