The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Terry

Brian,
I have C1 on the G cameras set to Raw + Jpeg.

The jpeg setting I use is the dynamic B&W. With that there is a whole host of other things that I have set like Auto ISO to a pretty high level. Flash settings that are slow synch, 2nd curtain (I'd have to go through my whole list).

I use C1 when I want the LCD to be B&W. There are plenty of other times I simply decide that something captured in RAW could be better as B&W and then I need to make a conversion. Depending on the camera I have a couple of ways in LR that I work on it. Plus Jack has taught me some stuff in Photoshop.

I have LR set to import the RAW and jpeg as separate files so I get both the color version RAW and the B&W jpeg in the library. Then I decide if I want to do a different conversion of the RAW file.

In the case of the pictures I took at dinner in Oregon, the results right from the camera (with and without flash) looked really quite good straight from the camera and were never intended for print and I simply used the jpegs with no PP.

On the E-P1 when I shot B&W raw plus jpeg, I liked to do it with their filters I believe it was the red filter for the dark skies in landscapes.

Joan

Don't you love the lips on Amin's fish :thumbup:. It looks like a cartoon character. He didn't appear in ours, but then the two NC aquariums are aimed at indigenous fish in the 3 areas of the state---mountains, piedmont and coastal. We're not going to see many 'cute' fish LOL. I can't remember the circumstance of the koi in my first one--certainly not an indigenous fish.
Yes, all the really cute fish seem to inhabit the warmer waters, don't they? I can't begin to describe how gorgeous the fish were when I used to snorkel in Bermuda! On my days off, I'd tie a raft to my belt and just swim out over the reef and hang there for hours watching them. I still dream about living there again, and that's one of the big reasons. Crystal clear water and amazing sea life!

H

Henk S

Henk, I agree. The 20 makes the G1 feel like a different camera, doesn't it? Not quite as svelte as the Gf1, but still really easy and fun to use just about anywhere. Where did your bike take you?
Joan, the G1 + 20mm is definitely not as svelte as the GF1 + 20mm, but it is still very small and light, and so many of my ride pictures are taken with my helmet still on that I prefer the articulating LCD over the smaller GF1 body (tho I'm still quite taken with the GF1, which I find to be a functionally-attractive camera, and which I hope to be able to add as a second m4/3 body some day).

That picture is of a local back road that has great scenery, but up until recently, has been a bone-jarring ride. They just repaved it, greatly increasing its attractiveness.

I like to think the combination of bike and camera takes me not just to physical places - they act as a wonderful stress reliever :)

Henk

Last edited:

Amin

Diane, I think your fish has personality too :). I like the angle made by the two fish as well.

bensonga

Quick question.....does the 20mm lens (ordered separately) come with a lens hood? I've gotten conflicting info about that on the web.

Mine was shipped today and should be here next week.

Gary

CVickery

Quick question.....does the 20mm lens (ordered separately) come with a lens hood? I've gotten conflicting info about that on the web.

Mine was shipped today and should be here next week.

Gary
No hood is included. I use a clone of the Contax GG2 hood.

M

mschlapfer

Yardworking in the backyard today. Went to get the yardwaste can and noticed the wife had tossed an old dying bouquet on top of it. Well darn it! I needed the can but I thought there was still "some life" in this old bouquet so went in and grabbed the GF1 mounted with the 20 and snapped a quick one despite my grass stained , muddy fingers. :p

Matix

Yes, this little lens is just what I needed, while the GH1/G1 cameras are not tiny, they are relatively inconspicuous. For example, wandering around the family at a Christening with a room full of people which I did this weekend. My D300, which is mainly in the cupboard these days is a lot more obvious, especially with the 24-70mm 2.8 on it.

This is a shot of my niece, her face kind of reminded me of one of Leonardo's great works!

Room lighting with a window close by, cropped 50% there were two in the shot but one had her eyes half shut, f1.7, 320th/sec, iso 125. GH1.

Phil

Audii-Dudii

I had Mike Johnston send my GF1 to me at my hotel in NYC and managed to get out and about for about two hours on Thursday morning before I had to leave for home. Nothing special, unfortunately, but the 20mm lens is clearly a stellar performer...

Audii-Dudii

Big :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: also
It's my favorite of the three as well (although because I still have another 4 Gb of images to sort through, I can't yet say it's my favorite of the outing). In any event, thanks to both you and Cindy for the kind words!

m_driscoll

Yardworking in the backyard today. Went to get the yardwaste can and noticed the wife had tossed an old dying bouquet on top of it. Well darn it! I needed the can but I thought there was still "some life" in this old bouquet so went in and grabbed the GF1 mounted with the 20 and snapped a quick one despite my grass stained , muddy fingers. :p
Beautiful composition and color. Somehow "fall-like". Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com