The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

bensonga

Michiel Schierbeek;158801So you have one too he. That's great said:
It's not mine Micheil....but I sure enjoy looking at them. The Beavers really stand out in a crowd of smaller single engine planes (there are alot of Super Cubs up here in Alaska).

It must be an amazing experience to fly one of these.....maybe you could post a picture of yours here (or on the Planes, Trains and Automobiles thread).

Gary

bensonga

The business end of a large, single engine (turbo prop?) de Havilland Otter. This looks like an 8-10 passenger plane.

I really do like this lens!

Gary

bensonga

Re: Nothing like a Wiener (dog) to show DOF

GF1 20mm f1.7 iso800
Great shot and Doxie! What a sweetheart he/she is! :)

Not sure whether my Cairn Terrier (Bonnie) ever looks that peaceful....but I'll haul out the G1/20mm and give it a go.

Gary

Brian Mosley

Had some fun with this lens over the weekend at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. A couple of my favorites:
Graham, some outstanding images there (and in your Flickr stream)! well done, lovely colour too.

Kind Regards

Brian

P

pupduda

Thanks--aquarium due to bad weather LOL--and had fun there with the 20 and FD 50--(and its 'weird' not wierd). I tried video with the 20 also--worked out fairly well, though I think the 14-45 is a better choice--or better yet, MF lenses.

Amin--those are really cute boys--and I like the composition.

Terry--I don't remember if I remarked on those shots or not, but I really like the flash/monos combo.
diane,
can you pls advise which/any UV filter to use for 20/1.7?
many thanks!