The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Z

Ziggie

The 20mm makes a nice fast wide angle lens for some circumstances. I shot a series of six handheld shots with the Lumix G1 and used Photoshop CS4's Photomerge to stitch together into seamless wide angle shot. 100% crop included. All shot Raw and processed as DNG's in Camera Raw. The camera's Auto White Balance was pretty accurate. Way better than my Olympus E3. ISO 400 held up fine.

Ziggie
View attachment 25523

View attachment 25524

Last edited:

Matix

Sorry, this image was locked accidently when I sent some family shots out with password, it is back now, not sure exactly when it disappeared from view.

Phil
Yes, this little lens is just what I needed, while the GH1/G1 cameras are not tiny, they are relatively inconspicuous. For example, wandering around the family at a Christening with a room full of people which I did this weekend. My D300, which is mainly in the cupboard these days is a lot more obvious, especially with the 24-70mm 2.8 on it.

This is a shot of my niece, her face kind of reminded me of one of Leonardo's great works!

Room lighting with a window close by, cropped 50% there were two in the shot but one had her eyes half shut, f1.7, 320th/sec, iso 125. GH1.

Phil

Z

Ziggie

Just trying to figure out how to post larger images. Sorry, not used to posting images.

Downsampled

100% crop

Shot wide open with the 20mm at 1/40th sec.

Ziggie

JBurnett

Le Louvre:

Pictures within pictures... I like it!

I wasn't aware that the Louvre had such an open policy about cameras. Here in North America many galleries and museums are getting very 'anal' about photography. Some prohibit all photography, and some prohibit photographs of any artwork. The "no-flash" policy is even more common.

The weird thing is that "corporate" building owners are now instructing their security staff not to allow photos of their buildings. I've had security staff fly out the doors to tell me I couldn't take a photo of the building (so I moved three paces to the street to do so). And I was asked to leave another building after "breaching security" with the following shot:

Sorry, rant over.

pellicule

Hi,

Taking photos is ok, but no flash.

Sometimes the artists have little signs indicating no photo, which is a bit of a laugh as they are quite obviously making a copy of a 'great master', but I do leave them alone.

PeterB666

Have a Merry Christmas by adding a little light to my Olympus E-P1 and Pansonic 20mm f/1.7...

With that last shot, taken at ISO3200 with supplimental lighting by a car coming around the corner. Pretty impessed with that.

ggibson

I think this thread needs a bump to the top!

Some pictures from my recent trip to Hawaii:

More on my flickr stream :D

LisaR

Nothing special in terms of sunject matter, I was out for dinner and thought I would test the low light ability of the EP2 with the 20 1.7. I have to say I am impressed with this combo.

ISO800 @ 1.7

ISO1000 @ 1.7

and one shot from the hip walking through the farmers market earlier in the day.