The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Leica 77

Re: Innocent And Curious

Panasonic G1 + 20mm f/1.7
ISO 100 @ f/2.2 @ 1/160 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!
Hi Godfrey,

This is a superb image. The 20mm f1.7 lens seems to provide an excellent balance between sharpness and smooth bokeh! Your composition and framing of the lamb is perfect! All the best, Leica 77.

I

Infrared-IR

The Presidential Range is seen in the background - view from Cripple Creek, Colorado. Lumix G1 (RAW) and P-Sonic 20mm f1.7 lens.

apicius9

Well, guess where I was last night :)

All at ISO 800 handheld, just 'auto' jpg snapshots with a little 'auto contrast' in Picasa. Really a nice lens to walk around, even in the dark...

Stefan

Leica 77

Nice one, Leica. Took me a while to figure it out, which is good! :thumbs:

Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Tokyo Station which was constructed during 1908-1914 is being restored at this time. The temporary wall around the station shows how the building will look like after its restoration. My winter vacation in the Orient will end soon. BTW, the new pancake 20mm lens is a real gem! All the best, Leica 77.

K

klythawk

Very much a novice, but having fun playing indoors with G1/20mm, too wet outside. :D

vincechu

Very much a novice, but having fun playing indoors with G1/20mm, too wet outside. :D

Hi John, glad to see you're enjoying the 20mm lens, totally agree about the weather in the UK. Interesting photo - really I like how everything outside is blurred and the focus is on the rain drops.

I just ordered the 14-140mm Panasonic lens, but after seeing what the 20mm is capable of I'm having regrets :( mayb i should have went for the 45-200mm + the 20mm :p

S

silva27

I'm seriously considering picking up this lens after what I have read on here :)

Leica 77

I really like this photo, lovely bokeh, amazing detail and it really shows what the 20mm is capable of :thumbup:.
Hi vincechu,

Thanks so much for your positive comments. The 20mm lens is indeed one of the best lenses I have ever owned. It is enjoyable to use just about anytime anywhere. Best wishes, Leica 77.

K

klythawk

I'm seriously considering picking up this lens after what I have read on here :)
I'm a complete beginner, but after looking at the wonderful pictures in this thread, i had to buy one. I just hope after more practice, i will be able to post a shot worthy of this fabulous lens. :thumbup:

grappa

The amazing thing about some of the shots in this thread is that many are very mundane but turn out interesting. I don't know how many times I have thought about shooting a picture of animals but tried to avoid the fence. As it turns out,the fence makes the shot.
Other pictures are also here that I would have deemed too ordinary to bother with but
the right angle etc. makes them winners.
Kudos to all.