The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Brian Mosley

Very nice posts by fine digital imaging enthusiasts in this thread. While I was in the Orient recently, I purchased one of these leatherette kits for my GF1. I realize eBay has a variety of these kits available. The leatherette I have installed has certainly improved my ability to grip the camera body. :)

This looks really nice... a big improvement, I think.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

Leica 77

This looks really nice... a big improvement, I think.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Brian
Hi Brian,
It's great to receive your positive comments. The leatherette on my GF1 has made a significant difference in my ability to firmly grip the camera. As you have mentioned, it looks really nice, giving a bit of retro appearance. Brian, thanks again! All the best. Leica 77. :)

Last edited:

seakayaker

RED HAT

DMC-GF1 - LUMIX G 20/F1.7 - ISO 100 - f/1.7 - 1/100 - 20mm

. . . . . and a shout out to Godfrey and biglouis, thank you for your kind words!

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

biglouis

Testing the 20/1.7 wide open

Cherry Blossom, GF-1, Lumix 20/1.7 iso100 f1.7 1/1000 - someone try and convince me this is not a leica-design lens?

My first post in this hallowed territory. Some tango photos with the G1 and the 20mm bought only four days before travelling to Buenos Aires from London.

And a big Thank You to all those who tolerated my silly questions in March and lead me to a new lease of (photographic) life.

Tony

Thank you for the kind words. And what a relief to find how easy it is to post these images.

Now three taken a couple of days ago from our balcony overlooking Father Thames. As a reminder, to those who have London for better climes, just what a May evening can look like.

Tony

G

grum

Thank you for the kind words. And what a relief to find how easy it is to post these images.

Now three taken a couple of days ago from our balcony overlooking Father Thames. As a reminder, to those who have London for better climes, just what a May evening can look like.

Tony
Really like that :thumbup:

My latest effort with the 20mm

Last edited:

scho

A few with the GF1 and Lumix 20 (my travel kit) taken on a long weekend stay on St Simons Island, GA.

Spanish Moss

Jekyll Island beach

Lanier Bridge from Jekyll Island

Beach sand

biglouis

This little lens continues to amaze me with its clarity, luminosity and drawing power. More examples are available at my Flikr stream.

Godfrey

... Roar!

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 100 @ f/2.2 @ 1/160 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

Godfrey

... Waitin' For A Ride

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 100 @ f/2.2 @ 1/1000 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

C

callaway86

There are so great photos in this thread! I just starting using my new GF1 a few weeks ago and I'm totally in love. The 20mm is one of the most fantastic lenses I've used on any camera. It's to the point now where my XSI is probably going to get sold. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite shots so far.

seakayaker

There are so great photos in this thread! I just starting using my new GF1 a few weeks ago and I'm totally in love. The 20mm is one of the most fantastic lenses I've used on any camera. It's to the point now where my XSI is probably going to get sold. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite shots so far.

Welcome!

Nice shots, beautiful sky in the tractor photos!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Peace -- Deluxe Junk ***** Fremont Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

DMC- GF1 - LUMIX G 20/F1.7 - 20mm - ISO 100 - f/1.8 - 1/1000

Having fun with the GF1!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

A few with the GF1 and Lumix 20 (my travel kit) taken on a long weekend stay on St Simons Island, GA.

Spanish Moss
Hi Carl,
The Spanish Moss is an outstanding image! As biglouis has said, the Lumix 20mm lens is an amazing lens. It is so compact and easy to travel with it. Best, Leica 77. :)

harry66

A few from Dubai

Top of the Burj Khalifah with a Joby just around sunset time

Fabric in a Meena Bazar store in Bur Dubai

Another in the same store

Burj Khalifah Water Show area

Water show + reflections from The Address