The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

bensonga

Superb images folks!

The G1 with the 20/1.7 lens has become my "walkabout" camera lately. Here are a couple from my wanderings during the lunch hour today.

Some interesting buildings going up in Anchorage recently. The first one is a church, the second is a condo.

Gary

bensonga

We are still locked in Winter's icy grip here in Alaska......but with the increasing daylight, Spring can't be far away.

Gary

Helena

Wow, that's a lot of ice! ^ Would love to take photos of that. :) It's intriguing to think about that we would probably have the same climate as you if the Gulf stream didn't exist. Trondheim is just south of the Arctic circle.

E-PL2 with pinhole art filter again:

Michiel Schierbeek

Some of my first shots as a late adapter to this lens. Glad I have it!

The first two are of a 25 m high artwork, called "Exposure" in Lelystad from the British sculptor Anthony Gormley. It weights 60 tons and is made of steel.
A very interesting project on a fantastic location. Gormley considers it as his most important public artwork till now.

The wether and timing were not ideal for photographing but it was great to see it.

The third one is from a house in a little town in the north of Holland.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes it was, although I was not consiously waiting all the time. :D
Seen so many good results and raving about, the decision was not hard to make.

dick

Re: Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 flash distance

It is nice to know that I can get an adapter to TTL use my 4 Metz flashs with the GH2 and the f1.7 I seem to be about to buy... but would I get enough light to light a large building like a cathedral? (without carting along my 4 1,500ws Elinchromes).

Simple arithmetic seems to suggest that at ISO12,800, f1.7, using two 76s and two 54s I would get a flash distance of 6,400 feet, or about 2km ... can this be any where near right?

I suppose it depends if the guide numbers are meters or feet?

Image to follow

m3photo

Painting with Light

... but would I get enough light to light a large building like a cathedral?
ISO 12,800? :eek::eek::eek:

The old ones are the best:

Tripod+Time exposure+Painting with light.
You choose the best aperture and the lowest ISO for optimal quality.

Just walk around firing off your flash in the areas required. The good thing today is; you can just walk back to the camera and check your work on the rear screen.

M

mie

Hello guys i'm new here :). Here is my first post. Taken with e-p1 near where i live

m3photo

Evening Sun

I come back here occasionally to admire Woody's portrait - Message #459.

Here's yesterday's evening sun with the wonderful 20mm:

G1+20mm f/1.7 1/640@f/8 ISO100

Tesselator

Some of my first shots as a late adapter to this lens. Glad I have it!

The first two are of a 25 m high artwork, called "Exposure" in Lelystad from the British sculptor Anthony Gormley. It weights 60 tons and is made of steel.
A very interesting project on a fantastic location. Gormley considers it as his most important public artwork till now.

The wether and timing were not ideal for photographing but it was great to see it.

The third one is from a house in a little town in the north of Holland.

Michiel

Hehehe, That's awesome! So, that photographer is _ _ _ _? :cool: :ROTFL: :wtf: :toocool:

f6cvalkyrie

Lovely shots from Michiel, Woody (portret), Michael and Mie !!!
I don't own this lens, but you guys are making interested !!!

C U
Rafael

rparmar

"Hi there!"

recycled cardboard dog

Now I have my camera I can contribute! These from my very first day with m43.

m3photo

Wide Open

I don't own this lens, but you guys are making interested !!!
OK folks:
I attended a first communion on Saturday - Got to the church and, surprise - dark interior!
Soo, I thought, let's see what this little lens can do wide open ...
Here are a couple of very satisfactory results:

Both images G1+20mm f/1.7 1/50@f/1.7 ISO200, plus here a tweak, there a tweak. :)

With a G1 anything above ISO200 in interiors like these is a no-no; will buy G3, promise.
With this lens you can shoot at f/1.7 and trust the results will be most satisfactory. Now, how many lenses have we come across that can deliver the goods wide open? Not many.