The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

M

mie

+100

. . . and welcome Robert and Mie

Keith
Hi everyone. Thank you for the comments and warm welcome. I really love this lens. It has been one of my favourite on the e-p1. Some more pictures below with the lens. Captured this during my visit to London last March.

Hyde Park

Big Ben

British Museum

biglouis

If this lens had Leica on it, they'd charge you 10 times more for it. But at one tenth the price, I honestly can't see the difference between this lens and a summicron.

Shot with my GH-2, see exif for details, pretty much straight out of the camera from RAW with some white balance adjustment. No sharpening.

Detail from Eastney Beam Engine House, Portsmouth (England).

DHart

Wonderful images, Louis... they really showcase the striking clarity this awesome lens can produce!

m3photo

Re: Lumix 20mm f/1.7 Quality

If this lens had Leica on it, they'd charge you 10 times more for it. But at one tenth the price, I honestly can't see the difference between this lens and a summicron.
Quite so.
And as I wrote above: 'Now, how many lenses have we come across that can deliver the goods wide open? Not many.', the Summicron is one of those few of course.

biglouis

Re: Lumix 20mm f/1.7 Quality

Quite so.
And as I wrote above: 'Now, how many lenses have we come across that can deliver the goods wide open? Not many.', the Summicron is one of those few of course.
Quite so. The first of your two communion pictures is pure Leica. I love that look. Clearly Panasonic got something out of the deal after all and are only too pleased to share it with us for a fraction of an 'L' badged price.

LouisB

m3photo