The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Howard

Here's to 2010 and a Happy New Year that will bring us soon a very good adapter for us to use our Contax G CZ lenses on our M4/3 cameras.

R

raymondluo

I'm very interested in this geared thumbwheel adapter, it it turns out usable for my work I would be so psyched to use Contax G lenses for video work.

F

FaradayCage

Brand new lurker here... I want to be another potential customer for Monza's Contax G adapter ring. I can't wait to breathe digital life into my G lenses. What I've seen so far on the web where some have shot digitally with G glass is amazing.

s.agar

Hi Lau,

I bought it from amazon.com. I don`t know if they have it in Canada.

The link is here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XA3E9Y/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

After a few tries, one gets used to take out the lens. The small wheel, little stiff at first, is very nice after taking a few photos.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year.

Seyhun

I am not aware of a G adapter from Fotodiox. Checking their website, I could not find the information either. Can you post a link to the Fotodiox Contax G adapter please? Thank you.

Howard

Good luck with your adapter. At this point I am waiting for the larger geared version from Monza. I have waited for several years to use my Contax G lenses, I will wait a bit longer. In any case: Happy New Year!

slau

Thank you for the info, Seyhun.

I have been waiting for monza's adapter since the beginning of November, and it does not bother me too much to wait another month or so. I have enough other lenses to use with my G1/GH1 to keep me entertained for some time :).

Leica 77

Lumix GF1 + Contax G (Carl Zeiss) 28mm Biogon via adapter.

Sample Image by the Above Set Up: Lumix G 20mm Lens on top of Lumix GF1 Kit Box. 1/80 sec. F8. ISO 400. Natural Light.

Leica 77

Lumix GF1 + Contax G (Carl Zeiss) 28mm Biogon via adapter.
Looks great on camera. Do you have another image that better illustrates how far the lens protrudes from the body? Perhaps a top down?
Hi Show Performance,
Here are a couple of images comparing the lens protrusion -- Contax G 28mm Biogon vs Lumix 20mm. Cheers! Leica 77.

slau

Thank you, Leica 77. The G adapter looks like the M adapter in size. That also kind of explains why the little focus wheel will take a bit to get use to.

T

tonyjuliano

Monza,
Any update as to when the adapter that you are developing will be ready for production.

Howard
Wow! I'm a lucky guy.

Just got my e-p2 yesterday, and own an entire G2 kit. Would love to use some of this great glass on the Oly.

I'm definitely lucky I stumbled upon this thread. Anxious to hear any new developments.

monza

If you need one now, buy it. :)

The geared adapter is starting production, some of the parts are already built. Will post more info when there is more info to post.

T

tonyjuliano

If you need one now, buy it. :)
No thanks...

I'll definitely wait for the geared adapter.

I'd happily pay more money for this unit. Thank you for your efforts, and I look forward to it's release.

Is there any way to pre-order?

Howard

I have waited a long time to begin using my Contax g2 CZ lenses. I will wait a little longer for a larger rotating knob geared adapter which will be more convenient and easy to use. The adapters currently available have a small knob and I believe that I would have difficulty rotating the small knob especially when my fingers get dry. I am looking forward to getting and using the adapter Monza will be manufacturing with my CZ lenses.