The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

S

skywalker

Skywalker, do you work for Kipon? If so, do you know the difference between this new adapter and the one from lensworkshop? Thanks.
My friend is the dealer in Shanghai who are selling KIPON.I bought lot of stuff from him.

http://www2.xitek.com/market/shopdisplay.php?shopid=95

Now in adapter market,only German NOVOFLEX and Shanghai Transvision(kipon) are the manufacture who produce adapter with standard progress,the machine,the metal finishing,processing workmanship,you can understand when you see the picture for the product.

For the difference,the realease button,the smoothness of the double gears..
Of course,just judge from the outlooking,KIPON is different from the similiar one from lensworkshop.

F

FaradayCage

Skywalker, to be certain, is the adapter you linked the new model from Kipon rather than the old one?

CPWarner

My friend is the dealer in Shanghai who are selling KIPON.I bought lot of stuff from him.

http://www2.xitek.com/market/shopdisplay.php?shopid=95

Now in adapter market,only German NOVOFLEX and Shanghai Transvision(kipon) are the manufacture who produce adapter with standard progress,the machine,the metal finishing,processing workmanship,you can understand when you see the picture for the product.

For the difference,the realease button,the smoothness of the double gears..
Of course,just judge from the outlooking,KIPON is different from the similiar one from lensworkshop.
Well I was the guinea pig on the Lensworkshop adapter which turned out to be not built very well. I works but is rough. I am not buying another until they show the internals.

seakayaker

Finishing it up as we speak. ;)

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:

Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong . . . . . .

;)

D

dazedproductions

Did you decide to include a µ43 end cap as was discussed earlier in the thread?

L

ludovico

Io ho comprato una Olympus e-p1, non sono ferratissimo ma mi intrigava la possibilità di avere lo stabilizzatore di immagine nel corpo macchina per poterlo utilizzare con ottiche legacy, es. attualmente uso il summicron 40mm della Leica CL, ed ho la possibilità di utilizzare lo stabilizzatore, l'unica controindicazione che ho trovato è l'impassibilità di utilizzare il viewfinder, che in condizioni di forte luce farebbe veramente comodo.

Probabilmente comprerei una E-P2 solo corpo, per poi prendere il 20mm 1.7 panasonic.

In questo momento però ti consigliere di aspettare, sembra che la e-p1 stia uscendo di produzione, in più dovrebbe uscire la GF2 di Panasonic, questo ti dà la possibilità sia di fare un'affare su quelle uscenti, sia di avere le ultime tecnologie sulle nuove.

R

roxsan

grazie Ludovico della risposta,
in effetti io stavo vedendo la G1 (Lumix :) che ormai, come dici tu, è discontinued e costa relativamente poco (all'estero, non in Italia) ed ha mirino e lcd (ribaltabile) interessanti ... poco entusiasta sotto il profilo della linea anche se ha un'ottima impugnatura ed ABS piacevoli al tatto dandoti un senso di sicurezza.

L

ludovico

Io sono stato catturato dalla linea della ep1, piu' che un fatto tecnico e' stata la linea a farmi decidere, unitamenteval fatto che sono riuscito a prenderla, con 14-42 ed il flash omaggio a 500 euro, a prezzo pieno e senza il flash avrei scelto la ep2, così come tra la g1 e la gf1, sceglierei la seconda, il fascino delle rangefinder...

CPWarner

Yes, I am including a micro 4/3 rear lens cap.

Returns: 14 day money back less shipping cost.
Thank you Monza, with that policy, I am in. I am sure that I will not need to use it though, as you have been clear about the care that has gone into this design.

Friedel

Among all this good news some photos?
Panasonic G1 and Gf1 with Contax G Sonnar 2,8/90 (Kipon adapter). I love this lens!

Thank you for looking

Karl

scho

Among all this good news some photos?
Panasonic G1 and Gf1 with Contax G Sonnar 2,8/90 (Kipon adapter). I love this lens!
Thank you for looking

Karl
Karl,

Very nice images with the Sonnar. Crisp, clear, and beautiful color.

PS - There is an EX+ condition 2.8 90mm Contax G Sonnar for sale right now at KEH for only $99.

Last edited: