The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix/Leica 45 macro

CPWarner

I just received my 45mm macro. Perfect timing as I am off to Monterey California for a conference on Sunday! Can't wait to get out and photograph with it. After a couple tests in my office, I think this will replace the Contax G 45mm.

jonoslack

It's still my favorite and most used lens on the EP2
Lots of grand images to prove it here! I'm afraid of mentioning individuals in case I miss some one out!

Here are a couple from this morning:

Ep2 Aperture

G

grum

Some really impressive shots in this thread - maybe one day I will be able to afford this lens!

biglouis

Jono and JBurnett, just superb. The Dandelions are unbelievable, (a) detail, (b) sharpness.

Using this lens is .... yawn... just too easy!

B

bahamot

Love this lense. Fantastic contrast and good sharpness.

Am Thinking ...

Pink in Yellow

Road of Green

my flickr

Knorp

Trying this lens for the first time last Saturday, but no fun it was just too hot: only the flies had a good time.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Trying this lens for the first time last Saturday, but no fun it was just too hot: only the flies had a good time.
Hi Bart . . . . you shouldn't let the football get you down . . . . is this symbolic?If so, then you should console yourself that the Netherlands were heroes down to the last match . . . . we were dreadful right from the start!

Great shot this incidentally, how are you feeling about the lens, I'm guessing it isn't hot there any more.

all the best

Knorp

Hi Bart . . . . you shouldn't let the football get you down . . . . is this symbolic?If so, then you should console yourself that the Netherlands were heroes down to the last match . . . . we were dreadful right from the start!

Great shot this incidentally, how are you feeling about the lens, I'm guessing it isn't hot there any more.

all the best
Hidiho Jono,

now I'm certainly not affected by the loss of our team. I think they really did wonderful getting into the final. Nobody expected that to happen beforehand.
What's more they received a heroes' reception in Amsterdam yesterday :D

Regarding the picture it is absolutely not symbolic. It posted it here because I have not much else to show for except the odd flowers :eek:

The lens is excellent for shooting anything but close-up portraits I think. Its character is rather unforgiving: sharp, contrasty and high resolution, but makes it all the better for nature and stills. I'm very pleased so far with the results and the combo with the G1 makes it a super light kit for lazy strolls.

Temperatures are coming down, but are also going up again, looking forward to the autumn already.

Now don't tell anyone: AF drives me crazy, really I do prefer manual ... :ROTFL:
All the best.

Irenaeus

Wow — what a lens! And what wonderful photos you all are making with it!

(Is it going to be able to fit on the Nex 5?)

Irenaeus

biglouis

This is fast becoming my favourite lens (after my Elmar 50/2.8 which is another great value for money lens for M cameras).

Incidentally, my favourite setting is f3.2 where the lens hits a sweetspot.

GF-1 45/2.8 iso100 f3.2

Lilly