The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix/Leica 45 macro

Roel

Can anyone with a GH2 and 45mm macro lens comment on AF speed please, i just saw a AF speed demo on YT with an OLY EPL1 and 45mm macro and it was really slow to focus, i'm interested in the lens for my GH2 to shoot insects, but if the AF isn't fast enough its a non starter for me.

Thanks,

Mark.
When I first bought the 45mm macro, I had a GF1 and it was painful to lock AF with closeup subjects, but this is a problem with most macro lenses. But, it seemed worse with the GF1-45mm combo. I almost sold this lens because of the slow/hunting AF.

Now that I have a GH2, no issues. It is like a new lens. I actually can get the GH2-45mm combo to lock focus faster than my Nikon d700-105mm VR combo. That is impressive.

So, it seems like my 45mm has a new lease on life and it is not going anywhere. And just think, I almost sold it...

mark1000

When I first bought the 45mm macro, I had a GF1 and it was painful to lock AF with closeup subjects, but this is a problem with most macro lenses. But, it seemed worse with the GF1-45mm combo. I almost sold this lens because of the slow/hunting AF.

Now that I have a GH2, no issues. It is like a new lens. I actually can get the GH2-45mm combo to lock focus faster than my Nikon d700-105mm VR combo. That is impressive.

So, it seems like my 45mm has a new lease on life and it is not going anywhere. And just think, I almost sold it...
Cheers, thats good to hear, do you have any other m4/3 lens on your GH2 to make a comparison, like the 14-140 or 100-300, i have them both so an opinion on whether the 45mm is slower or equal to those would be helpful.

Mark.

Roel

Cheers, thats good to hear, do you have any other m4/3 lens on your GH2 to make a comparison, like the 14-140 or 100-300, i have them both so an opinion on whether the 45mm is slower or equal to those would be helpful.

Mark.
I have the 100-300mm ... I will check it out later and let you know.

biglouis

Amin what an exceptional and interesting couple of photographs. They must have been soundly asleep not to have been disturbed by you!

LouisB

biglouis

Some landscape photographs with the GH-2 and 45/2.8

Millenium Dome

Spans within a span (Blackfriars Bridge seen through Waterloo Bridge)

Disused Millenium Mills, Silvertown, East London (used as a film set for Kubrik's "Full Metal Jacket")

Amin

Thanks so much, Louis. A couple of them tossed and turned a bit when they heard the shutter, but they stayed together and asleep :).

Love the shot of Millenium Mills. Lots of character, and I like the color treatment.

JBurnett

I was put off by the price at first, but I'm glad I purchased the 45 macro in the end. It's turned out to be one of my most used lenses. I love how it renders. This particular pic was shot wide open.

Rich M

I was put off by the price at first, but I'm glad I purchased the 45 macro in the end. It's turned out to be one of my most used lenses. I love how it renders. This particular pic was shot wide open.
John......that is just beautiful. Gorgeous.

R

Pelao

John, Uwe,

Really strong photographs. Thanks for sharing. You make me want this lens even more.

John: I enjoy visiting your gallery. Inspiring.