The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix/Leica 45 macro

biglouis

biglouis

Jono

I'll tell you a story about the 45/2.8.

Recently I decided I had to divest myself of my Leica M8 and lenses - largely because as a Leica owner I have been priced out of the market by their ridiculous increases over the last few years. Anyhoo, I decided I would go the whole hog and sell all my m43rds kit and then only have one digital system (especially as most of my activity at present is MF film based) - I was leaning towards a Pentax system built around the K-5.

My resolve was pretty strong until I started to photograph the kit with my GH-2 and the 45/2.8. The colours, the sharpness, the size and weight, the bokeh and the convenience of composition and exposure using live view: well my resolve broke. I guess I am in the m43rds camp until my 45/2.8 dies on me!

(However, just waiting until after May 10th the confirm that Leica are once again going to introduce something with poor low light performance for the price of my left kidney before selling all my Leica DRF kit, though.)

LouisB

Knorp

Lovely Bart . . . do you mean I have to buy it all over again?
Thank you, but really it was too gloomy and too windy for good sharp shots. But these here were just fine.
:salute:

.......... tell you what, I'll do a deal . . . you buy an OMD, and I'll rebuy the 45 macro
You call this a deal ?! :shocked:
Nah - I'll wait for Leica's D-day May 10.
:lecture:

Diane B

I've read and seen so much good from the 45/1.8 but I really couldn't give up my 45/2.8. The images in this thread just show why so well.

etermes

I've read and seen so much good from the 45/1.8 but I really couldn't give up my 45/2.8. The images in this thread just show why so well.
i think both are superb lenses for the system,
having my lovely 45mm PL I will get the Oly 45mm shortly