The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro FT - Which short tele are you using? (Image thread)

L

Linh

Just waiting for them to be available and for the cash to materialize.
ditto. I'm not a big MF person, mainly because I don't want to do any stop down metering, heh.

While I wait, I'm hoping someone slips out ~45/1.4 MFT that has been secretly been worked on but unmentioned on roadmaps.....

Amin

Sample portrait:
Beautiful light in that portrait!

Just got it a few days ago, the Pen 60/1.5:
Very nice! I've heard only great things about that lens.

Here is one oldie I have online as I just posted it at another unmentionable forum:
Beautiful, thanks Jonas. Another legendary lens.

Like Simon, Michael, and Scho, I've been using the Nokton 50/1.5. I just took delivery of the lens/adapter, so I don't have much to show yet. Here's a quick wide open photo of my 6-year-old son Oliver with the Nokton wide open on a GH1:

Given the kind of background that will ruin a lens' reputation, I think the Nokton handled the bokeh very well.

apicius9

Just one with the Summicron 50 that I liked: My buddy Gavin and his Mom at the zoo. Still working on getting perfect sharpness in fast situations... Just a basic jpg with minimal sharpening and darkening of highlights.

Stefan

pellicle

ditto. I'm not a big MF person, mainly because I don't want to do any stop down metering, heh.
don't let that thought get in your way with the G1 its totally transparent to the photographer.

I simply set aperture to what I want on the lens (which stops down) and use the lens as if the only difference was it was manual focus ... on P or Av it just simply works fantastically. No "mirror shapes disturbing the accuracy of metering" on this system ...

heck, even the brightness of the EVF auto compensates :)

pellicle

Amin

Beautiful light in that portrait!

if you haven't already just grab any 50mm lens (f1.8 or f2) and pick based on which lens series you'd like to get (Nikon, Canon, Pentax ...) and that will save you money on adaptors.

I picked FD because they are cheap (still) and perform well ... however I'm switching to OM because while they're a bit dearer I can use them on my EOS film camera too ... (that's where I do my IR black and white :)