The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 tripod plate

laptoprob

Just found a 2nd hand tripod quick release plate to mount on my 'heavier' Gorillapod. I got the SLR Zoom Gorillapod, not the one that comes with a quickrelease.
This adapterhttp://www.adorama.com/TPQSS.html fits perfectly! If mounted just a little rotated, the battery latch can be opened fully. And the camera can stand straight with the heavy Canon 50/1,2 or the small zoom. The camera plate ony just clears the 20mm lens tube, but only just is just enough.
I have to fiddle a bit to make the connection a bit firmer, but for now I am happy!

simonclivehughes

I have the same Gorillapod but with the Joby ballhead. It has a QR mechanism and the plates have a built-in level. Works very well, nice and small and no issues with covering the battery door.

Cheers,

Diane B

I have the same Gorillapod but with the Joby ballhead. It has a QR mechanism and the plates have a built-in level. Works very well, nice and small and no issues with covering the battery door.

Cheers,
Yes, that's what I bought. Plenty sturdy enough to deal with G1 and any of my lenses and it is small and no issues.