The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Introducing myself (+ a question)

Tullio

... hope you did not buy it for the way it looks on a 35mm camera if so then a 50mm or even a russian Helios 55mm would be more the thing to go with ;-)
Nope...I bought for the fun of it as already have (and really like) the 45-200mm. I only paid $20 for the lens, well worth a try.

Tullio

BTW, nice pictures, Pellicle. I've taken a few shots with my Pentax SMC-A 50mm 1.7 on the G1 (will post some results soon). Bottom line? Not good at f1.7, period. Images were very soft and CA/PF were noticeable on many shots. I also noticed a huge difference in AUTO WB rendering between f1.7-f4 and f5.6 and above (I know WB performance has been addressed in f/w 1.1 AND 1.2 - should we assume that Pana did not get it right the first time??? - but since I still haven't installed the f/w upgrades on my G1, I don't know whether the fix in 1.2 has changed this behavior or not) . The images were much warmer at wider apertures and much colder at smaller apertures. The solution is not to use AUTO WB. Now I'm waiting for the Yashica 135mm and Canon FD 50mm 1.4 lenses I bought a couple of days ago. I'm curious to see if the Canon FD outperforms the Pentax. I think it will.