The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A trip to Yodobashi-Yokohama in search of a GXR

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I went down the elevator in my hotel to the B1 level, took a left into the "Diamond" underground passageway and in ten paces was confronted with the entrance to Yodobashi.
If I had approached it above ground it would have looked like this:
View attachment 24698
After going to the second floor I found
Tripods:
View attachment 24699
Stereo pinhole Holgas:
View attachment 24700
Nice displays of the EP-1
View attachment 24701
The GF-1
View attachment 24702
A whole lot of four thirds and micro four thirds adapters
View attachment 24703
Even a Polaroid back for my Phamiya AFD
View attachment 24704
But when I got to the Ricoh GXR I found that the guy with the camera was at another store :banghead: and the camera with him - I think the sign says available in December
View attachment 24705
But you can choose from a very nice selection of camera de-humidifying cabinets; sort of reverse humidors (de-humidors?)
View attachment 24706
So I guess I will just have to wait a little while to fondle the darn thing :mad:
-bob

Last edited:

pellicle

Oh bob ... its just so not fair

I went down the elevator in my hotel to the B1 level,
I used to live here:

now I'm in Finland ... with views like this:

no, thats not noise in the dark areas, its sleet

swap ya?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably why my Daughter, who lives in Moscow, is jealous.
I wonder how C1 noise reduction works on sleet?:ROTFL:
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob,
Do tell, is your suitcase any heavier?
I ALMOST picked up the Macro 45 for the GF1, but decided to wait and get it state-side. The issue was that in order to qualify for the 10% "additional" discount I needed to get a Yodobashi "Gold Points" card. It takes 10% of each purchase and allows one to use that as cash on a subsequent purchase.
Not good if you only want to buy one big thing.

But I was tempted, they had lend-wrap in a number of soft pastel colors not to mention micro fiber cleaning cloths. They had a Pentax which is available on special order in 100 different colors of your choice.
I should have picked up that stero pinhole Holga for Helen.
-bob

pellicle

I ALMOST picked up the Macro 45 for the GF1, but decided to wait and get it state-side. The issue was that in order to qualify for the 10% "additional" discount I needed to get a Yodobashi "Gold Points" card.
with some advanced notice I could have posted you mine ... it is languishing here...

there's better views to be had in Japan in spring of course...

have fun!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I can't quite make out the kanji radical just to the right of Ue in the name of the JR station. What is it?
thanks
-bob