The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica X1 to Panasonic GF-1 comparison by MR

Terry

oops, forgot about this . . sorry :eek:
so . . what about the in body IS?
one of the oddities, is that the lens seems to focus really well on the EP1 . . even in stupidly low light.
Completely forgiven :D; I certainly concede (and therefore didn't mention) the in body IS point. :p

Yes, good focus would be an oddity :LOL::LOL::LOL:

jonoslack

Completely forgiven :D; I certainly concede (and therefore didn't mention) the in body IS point. :p

Yes, good focus would be an oddity :LOL::LOL::LOL:
So . . . go and put your 20 f1.7 on your poor neglected EP1, and have a go - perhaps you'll see what I mean?

Terry

So . . . go and put your 20 f1.7 on your poor neglected EP1, and have a go - perhaps you'll see what I mean?
Funny, I might have to just do that. My GF1 is on assignment at Really Right Stuff. It got a modeling gig and is currently being fitted for an L-bracket. Us GF1 owners need to put it on a tripod since it doesn't have in body stabilization :eek:.

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

nostatic

I have to admit at this point I regret selling my E-P1. The X1 and new Ricoh GXR both have left me cold, especially at the price point. The 20/1.7 on the E-P1 seems to be the best of all worlds for a small/hi quality setup.

Amin

I'm with the "Girl's Club" on this. G1/GF1 does it for me, but if I could only have one, I'd keep the G1. Sadly, EP1 did not work for me because I need an EVF.
Erm... I guess that puts me in the girls club too :eek:. Seriously though, I quite like the G1/GH1 viewfinder. No significant appeal of the E-P1, E-P2, or GF1 for me. I was concerned that EVF lag would have me missing the moment, but in practice it hasn't worked out that way.