The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My 4/3rds system lost its portability?

R

rbrissey

It seems to me everyone collects one or more ancillary pieces of gear. Mine just happens to be bags, equipment belts and flash units (9 now).

A friend of mine collects tripods......more than 20 I would guess.

I would hazard a guess have a few camera straps.............just to find the "perfect one"

I am a gear-whore I admit it!

Randy

wjlapier

Started off nice and small with the 14-45mm standard lens. Then the 7-14mm a must for wide angle. Ok still pretty portable and compact. Then add the 20mm for low light and narrow depth of field-- and then the 45-200mm for the voyeur type street shooting.
Ok last but not least external flash Metz 36 AF, which is quite a bit bigger than i expected... Geez.
That's a nice kit Mark. I'm half way there with 14-45 and 20/1.7. 7-14 is on order and the 45-200 I haven't searched for one yet.

I second Terry's suggestion of the Terraclime 100. I bought the A&A insert ( smaller of the two ) and use this bag for my MP kit, but I think if I take the insert out and use the lens pouches it should all fit just fine.

J

jerryk

Sounds like a nice setup.

So far I have resisted and am keeping the 20 mm glued to the GF1. I have the EVF, but leave that off most of the time. Everything fits in a small case on my hip.

Jerry

jonoslack

I'm using a nice little Fogg B-laika (now looking pleasantly used).

It seems to have:
EP1, 20 f1.7, 45 macro
M9, 28 'cron, WATE+frankenfinder.

Snug fit!

mark1958

The Domke looks nice but awfully large at least via the dimensions on the website. I want something that will easily fit into my carryon bag and leave room for all of my clothing. I guess it is quite thin so could fit under or on top of clothing. I wonder if they have them at KSP so i can take a look :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's the same size as a regular f803 which Keeble does have in stock. I was in last week and they didn't have the waxwear one yet.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's the same size as a regular f803 which Keeble does have in stock. I was in last week and they didn't have the waxwear one yet.
Just looked at one at Photomark . 159 Almost bought it but too big. They do have a Rugged wear bag at B&H i think a F3x or something . Going to look now

slau

:LOL: I think you guys make us, 'the men of the houses', completely lose the right to complain about the shopping of hand bags and shoes of our wives. Shame on you :D

No offense to our lady members :salute:

Amin

Started off nice and small with the 14-45mm standard lens. Then the 7-14mm a must for wide angle. Ok still pretty portable and compact. Then add the 20mm for low light and narrow depth of field-- and then the 45-200mm for the voyeur type street shooting.

Ok last but not least external flash Metz 36 AF, which is quite a bit bigger than i expected... Geez.
I'll spare you the specifics, but lets just say that I can relate to this!!

mark1958

I am glad to see i am not alone

I have the same problem too after I got the G1 + GH1 + 14-140 + 14-45 + 20f1.7.

To make matters worse, I have bought the Leica M, Leica R, Contax C/Y & Canon EOS adapters.

You should see the ridiculous set up of my GH1 + EOS adpater + 1.4X + 500f4IS on Sidekick + RRS BH55 + Gitzto 1325 ;). Luckily I am not planning to use any flash with it. Otherwise, add an external flash + Better Beamer :).
I'll spare you the specifics, but lets just say that I can relate to this!!

L

Linh

I started with the GF1+20/1.7+EVF. Still there =) Maybe a 14-45 later if I can find it cheap. Or get an EOS adapter so I can use my Super Tak 50 and play around w/ the 50-135 on it =)

I'm struggling to find a bag though. I stick it in my small timbuk2+tenba insert for everyday-to-work, but I have nothing for it if I just am going out somewhere. I ended up buying the optech d-small pouch. We'll see how that works.

JCT

Well, since I can relate on multiple levels, probably time to finally de-lurk.

First, a thanks to all as this forum has been tremendously helpful with my recent m4/3 decision-making process. I've had an LX3 since it was released as my compact to match my D700 -- very fond of it, but have always felt a little restricted by the ISO limitations (spoiled by the D700) and, for the life of me, even though I also shoot with a TLR and some LF, I just *really* missed a viewfinder. I think it is because my first film camera "love" was a rangefinder... I seriously thought about going with the GF1, but once I realized I would want the EVF, I decided to take advantage of the good prices on the G1 and bought one last weekend. Love at first, uh, fondle (I bought it sight unseen).

Current kit is.. the 14-45 kit lens. I have adapters on the way to use my old 55mm Macro Nikkor (can't wait), just scored a good deal on an OM 50mm f1.4 and since my husband is abroad this week... am planning on picking up a nice used OM 100mm F2.8 (would prefer the 85mm F2, but pricey). Will definitely add the 20mm f1.7 (husband's next trip maybe ;)), and am on the fence about the 45-200. Very spoiled by my fast Nikon glass, not a lot of patience for the slower stuff.

And bags-- I am terribly embarrassed to admit that I own probably *every* bag mentioned in this thread. I'm not kidding, it's a disorder. Actually, whenever I start to muse about getting a new camera my husband's first comment is invariably "what bag are you getting"? :rolleyes: Given that I already own the Terraclime 100, the Domke 5xb AND the F-803 in Waxwear (GREAT bag, BTW)-- for the first time I may not need a new bag for a camera purchase. May not stop me though, and hell, might be nice to protect the G1 with a small Zing... this is hopeless. :ROTFL:

Maybe living close to B&H is a bad thing.

Now back to deciding if I will forgo a protective filter for the first time ever....

JT