The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silver E-P2 and matching colored EVF

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
I am soooo tired of black cameras...but that silver and brown one is kinda sexi....
I won't get the Pen 2 cause I wouldn't use the EVF. It's nice to see that there are some options. I thought that the 2 only came in black......

Thanks for the info.....

trisberg

I'd like to know where the black 17mm lens is. Yeah, I know I could just use a magic marker, but since everything else is color matched I'm surprised Olympus isn't offering this option.

-Thomas

V

Vivek

If only they made that LCD more useful by putting it on a swivel mechanism..

T

thearne3

Re: Silver E-P2 and matching colored EVF/Tracking

Gotta admit I like my E-P1 silver with the leatherette cover - I'd probably go with the same cover on the black E-P2 - someday.

Moving past the cosmetics, I'm curious about the C-AF TRacking. I never use C-AF currently, so I just tried it with a distinct object (picture hook on the wall) and moved toward and away from it: C-AF was actually Step-AF. Anyone seen a good video of the new Tracking system in action? If it is truly continuous, the negative 'running child/fast action' comparison with DSLRs/GF1/G1 would be largely mute - would it not?

Best,
Tom

T

thearne3

Brian, Thanks. I saw that video, but wasn't willing to rely on it - too hard to see the actual focus sharpness! A recorded video from the camera, played full screen would be ideal.

I am encouraged by the fact that there did not seem to be the 'hesitation' or 'steps' in the focusing once it was locked on at the outset. Assuming that the processor/brain is the same, a software upgrade for us E-P1 owners should come. If Olympus denies us for economic reasons, rather than HW reasons, the hackers should be able to help...

All of a sudden 'action photography' (with technology assist - not just using anticipation, etc) seems to be within reach with the E-P1. Cool!
:clap:
That would bring 'return to full view from zoom when pressing shutter while using MF lens', to the top of my wish list.

Best,
Tom