The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Funky Look Image Thread

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I've lost control of any remaining sanity I ever had which was not much to start with.:D All from the GF1

So this is the get down and get funky color image thread.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You can pick your friends and you can pick your color, but you can't pick your friend's color.

Guy Mancuso

Nice Bob. Okay folks this is a fun thread and get crazy with your raw processor. There is a method behind this madness, you will learn something.

Lisa

Guy, those look any awful lot like IR-camera raw images before processing - were you inspired by someone's IR shots? ;)

Lisa

Joan

Wowsers! Guy! Definitely not what we're used to seeing from you! :bugeyes:
Are you sure you didn't land on another planet with your camera. ;)

Guy Mancuso

It may have been raw processing flash backs from the early 70's. LOL

Love to see more folks play around with this and one reason i did post these it it does teach you how far to push those sliders around. Sometimes just a tick or two will really throw something around. Try playing around with your Kelvin temp, Contrast and saturation sliders and just try some stuff. Be amazed how weird some things come up . Another fun thing do do is take one of these like mine and convert to greyscale. Differnt colors do different things in B&W

bensonga

More power to the funky flower! :thumbs:

At one time, this was a standard issue petunia.

Is this too funky?

Gary

Last edited:

Joan

Ok, Guy, I think yours look a little like they are from Mars with all the red tones. So, I decided to land on Venus with blue/purple. LOL And I found a boat!
Who wouldathunkit? :rolleyes: