The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pen 1 and Flash?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ok, I forgot what the safe trigger voltage for the Pen is.
Any one have a clue? I am hoping to use my Sunpak 244D.
shooter

V

Vivek

Don, I have never had any problems with my Olympus Pens and any flashes and they always synched to the maximum shutter speed.

OTOH, if you are asking for the E-P1, I would be careful with the trigger voltage (as long as it is under 5V, it should be fine).

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Vivek,
After testing with a Fluke meter, I am using a Safe Sync to stay at
6 volts. The flash put out 5.5, 5, 6 .6, 7.5 9
so to stay consistant and safe the sync will be safe.
Thanks again....
Don

V

Vivek

Don, Thanks for recording and disclosing the results.

Better to be safe than sorry. I am just astounded how crammed up the m4/3rds (body) electronics are- hence the cautionary note.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So my final setup is this.

I mounted the Pen on a Leica Flash bracket.
It's the one with the swivel arm. I removed the screw from the end so the camera would fit. Funny thing is, the camera fits on the second hole from the right with a standard 1/4 20 tripod screw. The body locks on to the track perfectly and does not move.
Then I have a 283 mounted on the swivel arm and a sync cord to the Wein Safe Sync on the camera.
This is beautiful as I can rotate the flash to face up no matter what position the camera is in.
I have some PR work next week and this will bring home the bacon.
Vivek, thanks for the interest....
Don