The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My 43/rds system is no longer cheap

mark1958

Well here it is:

Camera and kit lens 900
panasonic 7-14mm 1000
panasonic 20mm 400
panasonic 45-200mm 300
viewfinder 200
flash 100
new bag 100

NO BACKPAIN PRICELESS

Last edited:

Terry

Great post...I don't like to add up my kit prices too often !!! I know I've spent a lot on mine as well and don't regret it at all. Love the size and weight.

mark1958

Yes i just bought the viewfinder today after trying it out in the store. I guess i did not expect it to work that well. I had tried the Ricoh GX 200 viewfinder and did not like it.

Great post...I don't like to add up my kit prices too often !!! I know I've spent a lot on mine as well and don't regret it at all. Love the size and weight.

Joan

I feel like a virtuous being ... my kit has been consolidated. Only the G1 body, and just two lenses. 14-140 & 20. :) But, I am dying for the macro ....:eek:

What bag did you end up with? I sold my Domke 5XB ... now I'm not sure if that was a good idea, because I really can't find anything to replace it with, and I've looked at everything on about 10 different sites.

J

jerryk

Well here it is:

Camera and kit lens 900
panasonic 7-14mm 1000
panasonic 20mm 400
panasonic 45-200mm 300
viewfinder 200
flash 100
new bag 100

NO BACKPAIN PRICELESS

Any advice on which purchases where best?

mark1958

Jerry not sure yet. What i can say is that the 7-14 and 14-45mm lenses are great for walk around. My 45-200 is coming monday. The 20mm is razor sharp and really nice DOF.

mark1958

I went and tried the 5xb and it was too small for the items i listed. However, I got the Domke F10. Now that one is a winner. I am just trying it out now

I feel like a virtuous being ... my kit has been consolidated. Only the G1 body, and just two lenses. 14-140 & 20. :) But, I am dying for the macro ....:eek:

What bag did you end up with? I sold my Domke 5XB ... now I'm not sure if that was a good idea, because I really can't find anything to replace it with, and I've looked at everything on about 10 different sites.

Joan

Great! I love the sturdy Domke canvas and the non-slip straps. I like the new "waxwear" finish ones, too. Will have to look at them again.