The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pana 20/1.7- not overwhelming

Amin

one of us is misunderstanding that graph
Either that or we are misunderstanding one another. Either way, I'm gonna respectfully bow out of this dialogue. I've had a similar conversation too many times before, and it feels like I'm :deadhorse:.

Graphs and charts aside, I am very impressed with the Lumix 20/1.7 :thumbs::clap:.

R

retnull

I meant to say

Retnull (not Canon5Dshooter)

Great shots, love the portrait

Best Regards

Peter
Thank you Peter.

These shots were done with the Schneider Xenoplan 25 1.9, the lens that was mentioned at the very beginning of the thread. The thread went off in a few different directions, but to bring it full circle: I don't own the Panasonic 20 1.7 yet...I think the Xenoplan is a very fine lens, but the results I've seen show the Panasonic to be better: better bokeh, better color rendition, and with the advantage of auto-focus.

All best
Kurt

I

Irwell

Abbazz, you are hiding stuff from the bokeh thread :lecture: - this one should be definitely be there (I can't remember seeing it).

If you take a trip north or south, could you check which way the bokeh swirls - we are doing a research project over in the thread.

Keith

Is that the Coriolis effect?