The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

Peter Leyenaar

Hello everyone,

I have managed in the last month or so to change from semi-pro equipment
to a compact kit, GF-1, 14-45, 45-200, 20mm 1.7 , Leica 24D flash, all in the small Billingham bag.

When I take just the GF-1 with the 14-45, it goes in the Optec neoprene case,
very compact.

My wife has taken possession of the G1 with the 14-140, smart move.

Show me your set up , if you're so inclined.

Best Regards

Peter

Last edited:

Peter Leyenaar

Hello Jim

I am not sure that they still make the bag I am using, it is comparable
to the small Hadley, they are really nice bags (not inexpensive).

I am looking forward to see your setup

Best Regards

Peter

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
That bag looks like a Small Hadley and is identical to mine. There might be a small label under the left front pocket flap with the model information.

I managed to fit GF-1, 7-14, 14-45, 45-200 and 20/1.7 with the charger, cleaning cloth and some SD cards in one of these. In my case I used †he two internal dividers with lenses at each end and then place the GF-1 with EVF face down with either the 20/1.7 or 14-45 on it. You can put one of the lenses in the front pocket if you don't mind the lack of padding (overrated other than on the bottom IMHO).

Peter Leyenaar

That bag looks like a Small Hadley and is identical to mine. There might be a small label under the left front pocket flap with the model information.
Hello Graham,

Found the label, it is the Small Hadley, like yours, I carry the 20mm 1.7
and the flash in the front pockets, in time I'll have to insert the second divider
to accomodate more lenses hopefully.

At one time I owned a slightly smaller Billingham bag that held an M6 with one lens mounted , 2 additional lenses and a bunch of Kodachrome, that was a great kit too.

Best Regards

Peter

JMaher

Peter,

I have a G1 (very new to me) and a Panasonic 14-45, 20 and 45-200 as well as an Olympus Pen and the 14-42. Also a FL36 flash, a Terraclime 100 and a Billingham L2. I also have the Panasonic adapter and have tried a few 4/3 lens and a few Nikon's. The FL14 flash I have (not in picture) is about to go up on the for sale section.

Jim

Peter Leyenaar

Jim ,

Nice set up, that G1 is great, my wife made off with mine and the 14-140.

I am so curious about the EP-1, I have seen so many really nice images
from that camera, I better not go there, ski season is coming up and I need
new skis and boots, very expensive.

Best Regards

Peter

JMaher

Peter,

You mean the lure of in body stabilization and better high ISO isn't more important that ski equipment?

I haven't had enough time with the G1 yet but they both seem to have their advantages.

Jim

Terry

I can't post my kit until I get my GF1 back next week. I look forward to seeing more in the meantime. My bag collection is a joke....I need a super wide angle lens to get them all in frame. :D

JMaher

Terry,

I didn't know we were supposed to show all our bags - I seem to have left out about six or so if we don't count things like Zing pouches. I know I have a problem in that I keep thinking about the nice Hadley bags at the top and how one would fit right into my collection. No-no-no-no more bags I mutter to myself.

I really look forward to a photo with all your bags in one place. I think it will make me feel better to see someone with WAY more than I have (grin).

Jim

simonclivehughes

I'm just leaving for a trip back east (Toronto() for an 85th birthday celebration (among other things). I started packing yesterday and had everything in my ThinkTANK Airport Addicted backpack. This afternoon, I repacked first into a LowePro Slingshot 300AW, and then got creative and got it all into a Slingshot 200, which is quite a small bag. Here's a view of it (forgive the P&S picture):

View attachment 25009

What you see here is (Left row, back to front):

CV 90mm f3.5 lens
Panasonic 14-140mm HD lens
Panasonic 45-2000mm lens

(Middle row, back to front):

G1 body (with UpStrap)
GH1 body (with UpStrap)
GF1 body with 20mm f1.7 lens and EVF (with Y-Strap)

(Right row, front to back):
CV 50mm f1.5 lens
Panasonic 14-45mm lens
Oly FL36R flash (under blue cloth)

In the top pouch, I have the following:

GorillaPod SLR Zoom with ballhead
Leather beanbag
Panasonic DMW-MS1 stereo microphone

The pouch on the exterior of the main flap contains:

ND Grads
Batteries
Remote release
SD cards etc.

It all fits in and is surprisingly light, especially when you consider how much capability you have. The only thing that suffered during the downsizing was the Oly 9-18mm ultra wide. One of the things that made the most difference, voloume-wise, was packing the bodies sans lenses. The bag even has a built-in rain cover.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Amin

Here's my current MFT kit with the most commonly used bags:

From left to right: GH1 with Lumix 20/1.7, M Zuiko 17/2.8, adapted Nokton 50/1.5, Lumix 7-14, Lumix 14-140, Lumix 45-200, G1 with Lumix 14-45.

The bag on the left is a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home, which carries about as much as I'd ever want to carry at one time. On the right is a small Versabag (Crumpler knockoff), which is the perfect size for a MFT body with pancake and a second lens.

Last edited:

JBurnett

Shown is the "small" kit that I'm currently adopting for urban walkabouts. G1 + 20mm + 40mm f/2.0 M-Rokkor. The bag is something I found on the Internet. Doesn't look like a camera bag, but it's padded like one inside and fits this combo with some room to spare. What a delight to carry compared to my old DSLR outfit!

Not shown: 14-45, 45-200, Oly 35 Macro, Canon FD adapter and a few FD lenses, LowePro Terraclime 100 & Slingshot 100.

Roel

I am new here and I am enjoying all of the great info on this site. I hope to participate in more discussions as time goes on as I am now starting to build my m43 system (I have a GF1, 20mm pancake, m43 to Nikon adapter, and a few Nikon primes).

Amin: Question for you ... I see you have both the 14-140 and 45-200. In the 45-140mm range, which lens do you think performs "better" in terms of sharpness?

Thanks,
Roel

Here's my current MFT kit with the most commonly used bags:

From left to right: GH1 with Lumix 20/1.7, M Zuiko 17/2.8, adapted Nokton 50/1.5, Lumix 7-14, Lumix 14-140, Lumix 45-200, G1 with Lumix 14-45.

The bag on the left is a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home, which carries about as much as I'd ever want to carry at one time. On the right is a small Versabag (Crumpler knockoff), which is the perfect size for a MFT body with pancake and a second lens.

Amin

I am new here and I am enjoying all of the great info on this site. I hope to participate in more discussions as time goes on as I am now starting to build my m43 system (I have a GF1, 20mm pancake, m43 to Nikon adapter, and a few Nikon primes).

Amin: Question for you ... I see you have both the 14-140 and 45-200. In the 45-140mm range, which lens do you think performs "better" in terms of sharpness?

Thanks,
Roel
Welcome Roel! I haven't done a rigorous comparison, but my impression is that the 14-140 is better in the 45-50mm end of things and that there isn't much different between the two lenses in most of the rest of the overlapping range (70-140mm).