The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-p1 is a movie star 2 - Now in 3D

kevinparis

Well not actually 3D ... but the camera does do different shots and stuff

another chapter in my current fad of making stop motion movies with inanimate bits of photo equipment

catch this before the the Prince of Purpleness ... err... Prince sues my ***

http://www.vimeo.com/7696652

K

kevinparis

dude

24 hours ago i had never made a stop action movie!!!!... Yes white balance is screwed because I am using two light sources...these refinements will come with time... there are a zillion other things to worry about before frigging white balance

cheers
K

Brian Mosley

Cracking job Kevin, I saw the other movie you posted yesterday and thought as I was watching that you'd nailed consistent lighting throughout - I like what you're doing here!

Cheers

Brian

kevinparis

Thanks brian.

Lighting is an issue - I have a large LED panel and a couple other smaller LED panels that I havent yet used so I have been using a mixture of lights.

The problem with doing this kind of stuff is that it needs more space than I have... so the set up becomes a bit of a tangle of tripods and lighting stands.

Just got a new tripod today ... Vanguard Alta Pro... which has an interesting arrangement of central column that should offer some new angles

Its a fun exercise... and taxes the brain in a different way

cheers

K

kevinparis

kinda stunned... apparently this has been played 740 times in 19 hours on vimeo

I have never had that many views of a photo on flickr after nearly 2 years :)

K

kevinparis

prefer to be director... have someone else do the boring stuff... barley have paience for one photograph never mind hundreds :)

but thanks.... and if you have a contact at Olympus who might shower me with money and Zuiko glass I would be happy to know

:)

K

kevinparis

thanks guy(s)

now if only the boss will buy into my pitch of a movie where the e-p1 fights for a noctilux with an M8 on a narrow bridge between a muddy pond and a raging fire then i think i have a winner :)

K

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Oh sure , she lets that happen than your a REALLY LUCKY guy. LOL

My bet ain't gonna happen. Not with her Nocti