The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Non Manufacturer lenses on the GF-1

Godfrey

Any links to tests indicating which Leica lenses are working well on the Micro 4/3's bodies?
I don't have any Leica M-mount lenses at present, but from what I've seen most that are 24mm and longer work well. Shorter focal lengths work ok but have some corner/edge 'smearing' problems according to various users.

Leica R lenses work just fine, haven't heard any complaints about them at all.

I use Nikon, Cosmicar, Pentax, Olympus Pen F, and Konica lenses on my G1: I'm happy with the results.

T

Tikkis

Any links to tests indicating which Leica lenses are working well on the Micro 4/3's bodies?
No links to tests, sorry, but I have experimented with two different Leica M-wideangles, Elmarit-M 2,8/28 mm and Summicron 2/35. Both of those produce smeared corners (bit mushy and darkish) although the results are excellent in center area of the frame.

There is no question about the quality of the lenses or the 4/3-size cell. The classical symmetric -design wideangles just don't work optimally with 4/3-cell.

Longer focal lenght lenses work without any problems. So if you need wideangles, look for m43/43 WA-lenses or retrofocus-type SLR WA's.

Cheers,
Tikkis, Helsinki