The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Off camera TTL cord

mark1958

Is there an off camera TTL cord that functions with the GF1? I am using the metz 36AF 4 flash and at times would like to take it off camera. thanks.

A

alanwf

This is from another forum (note that I have no personal experience with this brand):

I use the Olympus flash cord from gadgetinfinity.com. Use search function "Olympus Flash Cord". It's a Hong Kong based company (the manufacturer of the Cactus remote flash triggers and a slew of lens adapters). I can recommend them after quite some experience.

The cord is well-made, fits well, and is a hell of a lot cheaper (25 US$) than the original Olympus one; it works just as good.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Mark,

If Olympus and Pana m43 specs for flash are the same you can use the Nikon off camera cords....I use SC-29 on my EP-1 with a SB800 flash in manual mode. Have not tried TTL with Oly flashes as I have so many flashes already.

Checking Metz SCA adapter 3202 M7 gives full TTL on Oly and Pana G-1 GH-1 so I assume they use the same pinouts.

Bob

Last edited:

mark1958

Alan and Bob thanks. It is unclear if the HK cactus cords will support ttl on the panasonic based on what i have read on their web site.

I purchased a Metz 36 AF for the oly/panasonic... so i assume it might work with any of the Olympus cords

This cord looks interesting but i doubt anyone has tried it
Nissin SC-01 Universal TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord

Last edited:
P

PhillipA

I got an Olympus ( and Panasonic) -compatable cord from Adorama (their own brand) for around $37 for the heavy-duty version - they didn't have any normal-duty ones in stock, but they're usually about $29 I think.

Greg Lockrey

Alan and Bob thanks. It is unclear if the HK cactus cords will support ttl on the panasonic based on what i have read on their web site.

I purchased a Metz 36 AF for the oly/panasonic... so i assume it might work with any of the Olympus cords

This cord looks interesting but i doubt anyone has tried it
Nissin SC-01 Universal TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord
Yep.... works great! ;)

mark1958

Thanks for the comments. I thank Bob for some discussion about the Metz Sca adapter. I ordered one today.. Will see how it works with my metz 54