The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 17mm f2.8

Rawfa

I think it's only fair that this lens gets it's shot too. I don't have it but as I will soon have it I'm starting to set my ground :cool: So bring it on, gang.

V

Vivek

I think it's only fair that this lens gets it's shot too. I don't have it but as I will soon have it I'm starting to set my ground :cool: So bring it on, gang.
Look forward to your images, Rafa. :)

Here is one of mine:

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Good idea, I'll probably go back to the 17mm f2.8 now that I'm using Capture One v5 PRO, which does good CA correction and reasonable distortion correction.

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8
1/100s f/2.8 at 17.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8
1/500s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8
1/160s f/6.3 at 17.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Rawfa

Oh, I love Quebec City! I have lots of family in Montreal and they took me to visit Quebec City a few years ago during X-Mas. Such a lovely place...specially with snow.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Some mice images popping up here.

Vivek, if the 17mm is on the camera, praytell,
what did you use to make the photo?
I'm just sayin'....

V

Vivek

I'm just sayin'....
I don't know what your problem is Don. I thought if the thread starter can have fun with the 17mm without owning one I could have fun posting a picture of my 17mm. Perhaps you are the sentry who watches over the lens that originate an image. I was not aware of that.

Not a big deal. I can easily make that vanish.

Greg Lockrey

Some mice images popping up here.

I'm just sayin'....
I don't know what your problem is Don. I thought if the thread starter can have fun with the 17mm without owning one I could have fun posting a picture of my 17mm. Perhaps you are the sentry who watches over the lens that originate an image. I was not aware of that.

Not a big deal. I can easily make that vanish.
I would have said that it was a "self portrait" and let him figure out how I did it. :lecture:

V

Vivek

Greg, That would have been easy (because of the swivel screen).

I take your suggestion and post this to figure out how it is done (G1, 17mm just to help out Don). 0.22X magnification (another hint).

Geeze Vivek...I just asked a question with humor....
Sorry, it won't happen again....
Don
Don, If that was humor then mine (reply #2) has totally escaped you. ;)

Rawfa

I've finally got my 17mm and I'm really loving it so far. I'm in Portugal with no access to my pc, so I can't post any results or view them on a pc monitor...so I'll have to wait a little longer to come to my final conclusions. I really love the fact that you can focus REALLY close to subjects and the fact that you can get dof from a moderate wide. I have the 20mm f1.7 coming and I was thinking about selling the 17mm (it came with the kit), but I'm having so much fun with the 17mm that now I just don't know. It's a shame both lenses have such a similar fov. It would've been cooler if the 17mm was like a 14mm or a 12mm.