The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you would like to have one more "special" manual focus lens..

Ron Evers

Ron, I just referred to the mount (MD), though the one I mention (45/2) is a Rokkor-X is also not a single coated lens, it seems to me that your mount might have a paint problem.
I do not understand what you mean Vivek. My lenses are Minolta Rokkor MC mount on a R J Camera adapter. What paint are you referring to?

V

Vivek

Ron, Check your adapter to see if there are paint chips exposing any shiny areas and/or if the paint itself is reflecting. It should be ideally dull mat black.

The tube (ideally) also should be ridged (light baffle) and should not have a smooth machined surface which gets exacerbated when painted over with the wrong paint.

Ron Evers

Ron, Check your adapter to see if there are paint chips exposing any shiny areas and/or if the paint itself is reflecting. It should be ideally dull mat black.

The tube (ideally) also should be ridged (light baffle) and should not have a smooth machined surface which gets exacerbated when painted over with the wrong paint.
Thanks for your clarification Vivek.

The inside of the R J Camera adapter has a smooth black finish the same as the outside surface. It is not corrugated (ridged) like the inside of extension tubes & it is solid black.

The best white balance is "shade", it gets rid of a lot of the blue colour cast.

My son has a bunch of Pentax lenses so I plan on getting a Pentax to m4/3 adapter & see how they work on my G1.

apicius9

After a buying frenzy in the beginning I have calmed down considerably, and knowing that the pancake lens is waiting in my mailbox is also very comforting, so I don't have anything really urgent that I am looking at right now. What I would like to try is a really good Zeiss glass, maybe a 58mm because I like that length, or a nice 35mm Summilux.

Stefan

pellicle

I'd like a tilt adaptor that allowed me to use DoF control for near far objects with a lens like my 50mm at f2

I miss my TS-E 90 on 35mm film but as I have a 4x5 I can't bitch too much. It is tempting to sell the 4x5 and get a full frame outfit but I doubt it would weigh less and I would not really get the detail I do with the 4x5 in black and white.

V

Vivek

Vivek,
Prolly a 2 or 3....but there wasn't a bad one in the bunch anyway...
Don, I meant that the AF would make it a disaster. The lenses are super and need a proper (35mm) camera, IMHO.

Why waste it on an m4/3rds?;)